Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Reply Button

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

No Reply Button

Many of these threads/topics don't have a reply button. How do you comment or ask a question on the subject?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: No Reply Button

@Reighn9 wrote:

Many of these threads/topics don't have a reply button. How do you comment or ask a question on the subject?

If the thread is locked - for whatever reason - you can no longer comment on the thread. That being said, if you have a subject or question you can always start a similar thread. 

Message 2 of 7
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I didn't realize I could duplicate a thread already listed to ask a question about a subject of interest or suddenly applying to me.

Message 3 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Reighn9 wrote:

Thanks, I didn't realize I could duplicate a thread already listed to ask a question about a subject of interest or suddenly applying to me.

Not sure a "duplicate" thread, but add your thoughts and perspective in a slightly different vein and go from there. As an observer a thread get locked for several reasons, circular discussions making the same point, prohibited subject matter such as politics, folks get a bit too opinionated or heated rather than discuss the subject matter and things like that. 

A discussion subject is rarely unique in as it has never been discussed before and folks rarely go back over past threads that much (search function is your friend), however a discussion as to lender assessability during the last "meltdown" versus one concerning today's lender access is different even though it's the same basic subject. Offer background, offer goals, forward-looking objectives, etc and a new thread on a previously discussed subject will get comments, etc. 

Message 4 of 7
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I use search function a lot.  Sometimes an old subject goes into hiding for a while and comes to the forefront with new ramifications

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

It is current policy to lock most threads at the one year mark. If there is a question you need answered just start a new thread even if one may exist in the past. Things are always changing in the credit world so something that may have been valid a year ago may not have relevance today.

Message 6 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

It is current policy to lock most threads at the one year mark. If there is a question you need answered just start a new thread even if one may exist in the past. This are always changing in the credit world so something that may have been valid a year ago may not have relevance today.

I didn't know that, thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.