Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Not Updating Very Quickly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Not Updating Very Quickly

I went to the Equifax website to dispute a collection I saw on MyFico that was supposed to be deleted and found that the account is completely gone.

Since MyFico is an Equifax product it seems logical to think that this would trigger an alert with MyFico.  MyFico does not update in conjunction with the actual Equifax credit report very quickly at all.

I called the customer service line and the representative was very nice but informed me that MyFico does not update as soon as Equifax changes something on my report.

I find that to be kind of ridiculous since MyFico is an Equifax product.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: MyFico Not Updating Very Quickly

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to the Equifax website to dispute a collection I saw on MyFico that was supposed to be deleted and found that the account is completely gone.

Since MyFico is an Equifax product it seems logical to think that this would trigger an alert with MyFico.  MyFico does not update in conjunction with the actual Equifax credit report very quickly at all.

I called the customer service line and the representative was very nice but informed me that MyFico does not update as soon as Equifax changes something on my report.

Hi steph, I can't speak to the time it takes myFICO to update from Equifax, but I don't think that something dropping off your credit report is something that Score Watch alerts to. There is a list stickied at the top of this forum that tells you what alerts and what doesn't alert.

I agree that it's frustrating that they don't update at the same time, but, basically, myFICO updates from Equifax...so it has to hit Equifax first.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It Finally Updated!

And my score went from 716 to 794 when my last bad debt was deleted!  WOW WOW WOW!
Message 3 of 6
egold1234
Contributor

I noticed this too, I had an account closed, a CL decreased, and two accounts paid in full, all within 2 days. never got an alert, I ended up buying a new report after a week and score went up 30 points.
Message 4 of 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@egold1234 wrote:
I noticed this too, I had an account closed, a CL decreased, and two accounts paid in full, all within 2 days. never got an alert, I ended up buying a new report after a week and score went up 30 points.

Hi...make sure you go in and change your settings. Set your target score at whatever your new EQ FICO is, and that's how you'll get the most alerts.
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

steph70 wrote:

Congrats on the score increase!

Ditto to what Lynette said. You won't get an alert for a dropped account. If your target score was set to your current score, then you would have received a SW score alert, but that may not come if you pulled a new report. In any case, WTG!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.