Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico membership issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico membership issues

I started my myFICO subscription on Jan 14, 2015 @ 19.95 monthly for 90 minimum with the option to cancel after the initial period. I was “very” pleased with the service and was monitoring my credit every second I could.

I was receiving the updates on my IPhone and sometime in the early part of April I noticed I was not getting updates anymore so I logged into my account on myFICO.com and my scores did not populate on the screen. I thought what the heck is going on here, I then thought I would check the “subscription” tab and come to find out my subscription had been CANCELLED without me knowing. I immediately called myFICO member services and was told that my card had been DECLINED and therefore my service was cancelled.

I explained that the card was VALID and to re-run the card and reactivate my account, the next thing I heard was “we have had a PRICE increase” and it is no longer 19.95 but 24.95 monthly. I told the rep that this seemed UNFAIR and I would check with my banking institution to see if there had been ANY “declined” card activities.

I contacted my bank and was told that myFICO NEVER ran my card and that there are ABSOLUTELY “NO” declined charges on my account anywhere in the last 6 months.

So, my question is “How many OTHER people have had this SAME problem from myFICO”?

I find it very funny that my service was CANCELLED and ironically they had a PRICE INCREASE. Now they want to charge more.

I believe that this company did NOT run my card NOR try to contact as this was nothing more than a pathetic act to cancel subscriptions by saying the card was “declined” therefore the service is cancelled.

I posted this ONCE prior but it does NOT show up on the board… Someone PLEASE respond and keep track of this post especially if this has happened to YOU in the last 60-90 days.

I have NOT renewed my subscription and my take further action pending additional responses from members on this board.

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT OTHER MEMBER issues regarding auto cancelling and declined card excuses from MYFICO and then being told the PRICE has gone ↑!!!

Thanks,

Shadow6281

Equifax:765, TransUnion 783, Experian 780 (March 2015)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico membership issues

Based on the little response in the MyFICO product forum, price increase, and service issues, I get the sense MyFICO is squeezing out whatever they can from their current consumer facing products. Not seeing any new innovations nor improved service offerings.

On the other hand, Experian is aggressively revamping their services, including most recently CreditCheckTotal.com , which is a fantastic MyFICO 3 bureau replacement with more features, including full 3 bureau reports and updated FICO 8 scores 3X per month. No need to wait a year, and no triggers, etc to wait for / worry about. Various credit card issuers also include free credit scores.

In short, instead of fighting MyFICO, go with something else - there are viable, similar priced alternatives.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on the little response in the MyFICO product forum, price increase, and service issues, I get the sense MyFICO is squeezing out whatever they can from their current consumer facing products. Not seeing any new innovations nor improved service offerings.

On the other hand, Experian is aggressively revamping their services, including most recently CreditCheckTotal.com , which is a fantastic MyFICO 3 bureau replacement with more features, including full 3 bureau reports and updated FICO 8 scores 3X per month. No need to wait a year, and no triggers, etc to wait for / worry about. Various credit card issuers also include free credit scores.

In short, instead of fighting MyFICO, go with something else - there are viable, similar priced alternatives.

I was just going to post the same thing about creditchecktotal.com - I signed up last week and really like it. Once this month of myFICO subscription is over, I'll be 100% devoted to the other one. Highly recommended by myself too (whatever that's worth).

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, thanks for replies but I don't want to PAY more... that is the whole issue here and I am not paying 29.95 or 24.95 for this service it was 19.95. Just like my bank told me, just keep paying your stuff and the credit scores will continue to go up!

I guess these companies are getting MORE and MORE greedy... that is just 299+ dollars I can keep in my bank account. I will also be filing a dispute with the BBB regarding the UNFAIR business practice that they are doing. They NEVER contacted my bank and I can prove that, my card was NEVER declined nor was it RAN for the April payment.

Another thing, the admin who is running this site is NOT doing it right. When you move a thread you should always notify the OP so that they can find it again.

I am glad I will save more money to put towards my new home… Hope all of you get your credit where you want it too…

Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, thanks for replies but I don't want to PAY more... that is the whole issue here and I am not paying 29.95 or 24.95 for this service it was 19.95. Just like my bank told me, just keep paying your stuff and the credit scores will continue to go up!

I guess these companies are getting MORE and MORE greedy... that is just 299+ dollars I can keep in my bank account. I will also be filing a dispute with the BBB regarding the UNFAIR business practice that they are doing. They NEVER contacted my bank and I can prove that, my card was NEVER declined nor was it RAN for the April payment.

Another thing, the admin who is running this site is NOT doing it right. When you move a thread you should always notify the OP so that they can find it again.

I am glad I will save more money to put towards my new home… Hope all of you get your credit where you want it too…

A forwarding placeholder is left in the original forum you posted the thread in. This one was started in general credit and then moved here to feedback. If you go to the General Credit forum you will find the placeholder and its forwarding location. This is how you can find the new location. It would be near impossible to PM every member when a thread is moved just due to the sheer numbers involved. I hope this resolves this particular issue for you. Have a great day Smiley Happy

This is a read-only topic 000 34
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCheckTotal.com (CCT) costs more, but offers more than MyFICO 3 Bureau service does - updated full reports and FICO 8 scores 3X per month. Not aware of any other service that offers that. Also, it's possible CCT may offer discounts for those attempting to cancel like Experian does for many of their other service offerings.

Regardless of whether one goes with MyFICO and/or CCT, the cost of not knowing one's current credit profile can be far more in the longrun. Paying even a fraction of a percent more on a mortgage can easily add many thousands of dollars to the loan cost.

Ideally, MyFICO should give you a month or two free due to the payment problems, but barring that, look at other service alternatives that are more limited, but may sufficient for your needs. Experian Credit Tracker is $19.95, but can be negotiated to around half-price - covers EX only, but from my personal experience and that of others here, is sufficient when combined with free monitoring from Credit Karma and Credit Sesame (similar, but CS while limited issues super fast, reliable alerts for TU & EQ HPs pulls). Biggest advantage of MyFICO 3 Bureau and CCT is having all the information in one place and not having to guess / trying to translate free CK FAKOs into FICOs.

Good luck and hope it works out.

Message 6 of 10
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CreditCheckTotal.com (CCT) costs more, but offers more than MyFICO 3 Bureau service does - updated full reports and FICO 8 scores 3X per month. Not aware of any other service that offers that. Also, it's possible CCT may offer discounts for those attempting to cancel like Experian does for many of their other service offerings.

Regardless of whether one goes with MyFICO and/or CCT, the cost of not knowing one's current credit profile can be far more in the longrun. Paying even a fraction of a percent more on a mortgage can easily add many thousands of dollars to the loan cost.

Ideally, MyFICO should give you a month or two free due to the payment problems, but barring that, look at other service alternatives that are more limited, but may sufficient for your needs. Experian Credit Tracker is $19.95, but can be negotiated to around half-price - covers EX only, but from my personal experience and that of others here, is sufficient when combined with free monitoring from Credit Karma and Credit Sesame (similar, but CS while limited issues super fast, reliable alerts for TU & EQ HPs pulls). Biggest advantage of MyFICO 3 Bureau and CCT is having all the information in one place and not having to guess / trying to translate free CK FAKOs into FICOs.

Good luck and hope it works out.

CreditCheck Total are FICO scores across the board like MyFico?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Canceling myfico right now... 

CreditCheckTotal IM COMING. 3x updates a month sounds good. 

Message 8 of 10
supervelous
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to say the same thing happened to me which is why I'm here.  I had monthly monitoring at 19.95 and stopped getting alerts.  Now I come to check and my subscription just stopped and I have no idea why.  I didn't get an email or any notice, and now of course the price is higher.  Suspicious.  I'll be talking to customer service tomorrow to find out more.

Unless this was clearly my fault somehow, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone still having issues with MyFico? i want to get the subscription but thinking CreditCheckTotal.com instead.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.