cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does ScoreWatch pull a new report to generate a new FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does ScoreWatch pull a new report to generate a new FICO score?

On February 13th, a credit card of mine that previously had a balance of $0 reported a balance of $17 and my FICO score got dinged 12 points.  I have since paid off another card which reported to Equifax about the 5th of March, and I haven't heard a peep from ScoreWatch.  When will it wake up and see have another card at $0 and give me back my points?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: When does ScoreWatch pull a new report to generate a new FICO score?

Did you reset your target score to the 12 point lower score when you got the alert?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did.  I always set my target to my current whenever I get an alert.

I'm PO'ed now, because I just figured oh well, paying down balances doesn't trigger an alert, so I'll wait it out, but I just got an email that "no important changes were found" this month.  Well, maybe not, but several cards that were reporting balances before are no longer reporting a balance.  When the one card went from $0 to $17, I was dinged 12 points.  Well, if that card and another one are now reporting $0, my score should have gone up, preferably by more than 12 points!  Instead, myFICO has not updated at all.

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ score went UP 32 pts. and I never got an alert!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My EQ score went UP 32 pts. and I never got an alert!

How do you know it went up?  Did you pull a report from myFICO?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.