Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audi Lease W/ Old Delinquent Acct?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Audi Lease W/ Old Delinquent Acct?

I'm hoping to lease a 2017 Audi A3 Etron. My Transunion score is 720, & I've been pretty responsible credit wise for the past few years. The problem is that I missed 2 payments on a student loan in '11, and the account was labeled delinquent. I'm worried the old account could ruin my chance to get the car I really want. Any advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Audi Lease W/ Old Delinquent Acct?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm hoping to lease a 2017 Audi A3 Etron. My Transunion score is 720, & I've been pretty responsible credit wise for the past few years. The problem is that I missed 2 payments on a student loan in '11, and the account was labeled delinquent. I'm worried the old account could ruin my chance to get the car I really want. Any advice would be appreciated!

You'll be fine. I have a derog on my EX and TU from 2011, and it didn't hurt my approval through Audi Financial Services. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be just fine, believe me. I was pre-approved through Audi Finance Services in December 2016 with 120 lates on my student loans from 2010. And my scores were about 50 points lower than yours. I went with NFCU for a new 2016 Kia Opyima SXL. More equipment, lower price. 

Message 3 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You'll be just fine, believe me. I was pre-approved through Audi Finance Services in December 2016 with 120 lates on my student loans from 2010. And my scores were about 50 points lower than yours. I went with NFCU for a new 2016 Kia Opyima SXL. More equipment, lower price. 

Compare a fully loaded Optima to a fully loaded Q3, and you're looking at less than a $2,000 price difference. I can't spend that kind of money on a Kia, lol. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Compare a fully loaded Optima to a fully loaded Q3, and you're looking at less than a $2,000 price difference. I can't spend that kind of money on a Kia, lol. 

My Optima was $33,000 out the door. The Q3 quartto Prestige was $42,000 and is wayyyyy smaller, nor does it have the adaptive cruise control, lane change assist, emergency braking, 360 view camera. Plus, the 10 year warranty. The Q3 just didn't seem practical or have the value. 

Message 5 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My Optima was $33,000 out the door. The Q3 quartto Prestige was $42,000 and is wayyyyy smaller, nor does it have the adaptive cruise control, lane change assist, emergency braking, 360 view camera. Plus, the 10 year warranty. The Q3 just didn't seem practical or have the value. 

When I bought my Q3 (2015), a fully-loaded Optima didn't have any of those features either, and was $36,000 out the door. I paid $38,000 for my fully loaded Q3 Presteige Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I bought my Q3 (2015), a fully-loaded Optima didn't have any of those features either, and was $36,000 out the door. I paid $38,000 for my fully loaded Q3 Presteige Smiley Happy 

Congrats on the Audi. I'm sure you're enjoying it. I wanted the 2017 A4, but I tried match the equipment, it was over $45,000. I couldn't justify getting it. KIA has come a long way. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouraging words, but no such luck for me. Looks like I lack credit history Smiley Frustrated back to the drawing board

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They wouldn't approve you for a lease with 720 score? If your student loans are from back in 2011 you should have some credit history they can see. Yikes. Makes me think we will be left having to finance with our bank rather than lease if thats the case.

Did they pull TU? Is that your Fico, Fico auto, or Fako (credit karma/vantage) score?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit because I apparently can't read and didn't notice you wanted to lease. Is there a reason you don't want to purchase (finance) instead?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.