Established Contributor

Auto Loan Refi Question

Is there a bank in existance in anyones opinion who could refi a 2011 Nissan Rogue SL that has a LTV of 120% and do better than 7.99%.

I currently have this car financed thru PSECU with a 7.99% rate for 84 months. The short story is my wife bought her first car and got ripped off, so she needed

a new car and we had to carry the negative equity to the new loan.

Currently the rate is 7.99%. Payment is $589.06. Credit score is about 750. Any ideas?

Re: Auto Loan Refi Question

If you can qualify for membership, RBFCU.org 1.9% with that credit score, no matter the year or make. Good luck!! 

Zync NPSL, Chase Sapphire, CITI AA Plat, Disover More, BOA Accel Reward Amex, Cap 1 Plat
Established Contributor

Her Grandpa is a member there I think. He lives in Texas. Do you know what their LTV requirement is? This is the main issue. We have a 120% LTV in the vehicle currently.

Established Contributor

Do you know how they are about asking of paystubs, are they doc friendly or do they ask for everything?

Established Contributor

How are they on asking for docs? Paystubs and that?
Moderator Emeritus

I think most everyone will ask for paystubs for auto loans assuming you're W-2 employed.  I'd be awfully surprised if they didn't  these days.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Just a Thanks!

Just a thanks to AusTex. We applied for the loan with RBFCU and were approved. We did not get the 1.9% but instead got 2.4% on the refi which was fine with me.

Going from 7.99% to 2.40% is great in my book.  Thanks and kudos for the great tip. We cut 8 months off our previous loan and saved $30.00 a month.

Cheers!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.