Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get financing?

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I get financing?

@StartingOver10 wrote:

You can do it. Believe me, I understand about the economy. I had a difficult time too and I am rebuilding (that's why I'm here). But one thing I have learned is to make sure that the timing is good for me...not for the dealer.

The last time I financed a vehicle I had just come off a BK and I waited two years to get a decent vehicle with a decent payment. I built my score up to the low 700's and I still had to negotiate with the F&I guy from some ridiculous mid teens rate down to 7.14%. But he went kicking and screaming the entire way....lol

There are two things you need: 1) showing the ability to make the payment and 2) the stability to make sustained payments over the long term. (Plus maybe gall to negotiate with the F&I guy and a pre-approval with a CU to show you are good for it).

Just trying to give you the tools to get the best rate possible under the circumstances. Most of us are here rebuilding....In fact, I just saw a post not too long ago from a guy that had just had his discharge from BK and he was able to get zero percent! So the criteria is a little better now, just put yourself in the best possible position before you apply and waiting until you have 12 months of house payments made on time puts you in a much better position than 4 months.

Here is the post of the guy who just got out of BK and got 0%

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Can-t-believe-it-Got-0-financing-4-months-after-BK7/m-p/2...

Message 11 of 12
PHATB
Established Member

Re: Can I get financing?

I think I will wait for 12 months and then talk to my CU and see where im at. Until then I will continue to strengthen my credit.Thanks for the advice!
Starting scores 03/01/2013: EX 519, EQ 525, TU 508
Present Scores : EX 629, EQ 697, TU 614
In the garden 08/08/13 untill at least 02/08/13

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.