Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU

tag
jaf4776
Valued Member

DCU

Just curious for those who have applied to DCU for a new auto loan. I applied this morning for a $25k auto loan. My monthly DCU fico score was 637. I applied online this morning and still haven’t heard back. I know they say it can take 24 to 48 hours for the answer. Anyone have any experience? I have about 50% utilization on my credit cards at this time. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: DCU

Mine was an instant approval and was funded and ready in 3 days (including membership set-up). Here is a link to track the loan and ask questions about it DCU Link

Message 2 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Are you a member? The high util and low credit score may be a factor 

Message 3 of 15
imandy
Valued Member

I applied 7/9/14 7:00PM and got a call back tonight 7/10/14 5:00 PM that I was approved and to send in my registion and loan payoff and to apply for membership. His email was waiting for me as soon as I walked in the door and logged online. I'll post an update how quickly it funds my refi.

Message 4 of 15
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

my guess is an offer around 9%

Message 5 of 15
jaf4776
Valued Member

i am a member.  i was approved for a $5k credit card in may..

Message 6 of 15
dbunyip

I'm going on 5 days with no update on new auto loan. I see some have said they got a call from dcu, do you remember where the call came from? I have had 2 missed calls from a New York number but no voice mail was left and a Google search shows the number as a cell phone
Message 7 of 15
imandy
Valued Member

The call I received came from a 978 number Leominster, MA.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbunyip wrote:
I'm going on 5 days with no update on new auto loan. I see some have said they got a call from dcu, do you remember where the call came from? I have had 2 missed calls from a New York number but no voice mail was left and a Google search shows the number as a cell phone

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you were approved, I think you would likely receive an email and/or call fairly quickly as others have experienced. I applied online late Thursday 7/3 and got an email early on Saturday 7/5. But when I filled out the online app to open a checking account -- which is required by DCU to close the loan -- I heard nothing for a few days. I finally called and they told me I had been denied for a new checking or savings account due to an old Chexsystems hit. The denial letter showed up in the mail a few days later. So when it comes to DCU, no news is probably bad news.

Message 9 of 15
dbunyip

That was my suspicion, I have a checking/savings account with them as well as a $10k credit card. I was surprised that they don't ask for a down payment amount. My credit score is a 673 per the service they provide but was planning on putting $25k down.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.