Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ford credit decent?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is ford credit decent?

Either they were messing with me, or they were really that stupid to try and finance me for a Ford Transit for 7% APR 3-4 days ago. Keep in mind I had an auto score of 725, down payment of 5K, and already a 3.99% approval from my local CU. My DTI is almost nothing, and my income is more than 50k a year. Don't know if they were trying to see if I was bluffing regarding the CU APR, but I walked out and immediately came back with a check in hand from CU. In September I will have the option to refinance with the same CU for a 2.99% as they have a policy for a year membership to be fulfilled beofre giving out the lowest rate. Also have a credit card, a savings, and a small installment loan from them. The reason I was given of the high interest was due to the Transit being a commercial vehicle(just a cargo van). I smelled BS and sprinted. 

Message 11 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

Or the dealer was.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Either they were messing with me, or they were really that stupid to try and finance me for a Ford Transit for 7% APR 3-4 days ago. Keep in mind I had an auto score of 725, down payment of 5K, and already a 3.99% approval from my local CU. My DTI is almost nothing, and my income is more than 50k a year. Don't know if they were trying to see if I was bluffing regarding the CU APR, but I walked out and immediately came back with a check in hand from CU. In September I will have the option to refinance with the same CU for a 2.99% as they have a policy for a year membership to be fulfilled beofre giving out the lowest rate. Also have a credit card, a savings, and a small installment loan from them. The reason I was given of the high interest was due to the Transit being a commercial vehicle(just a cargo van). I smelled BS and sprinted. 

Congrats on putting money in your pocket ... nice work!!!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

Thanks! It definitely felt like an accomplishment, as a trip to the CU saved close to $3k. When I refinance it would shave off more as it would be about $24k to be refinanced after about 10 months. 

Message 14 of 15
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

Thanks! It definitely felt like an accomplishment, as a trip to the CU saved close to $3k. When I refinance it would shave off more as it would be about $24k to be refinanced after about 10 months. 

Make sure the LTV will be good at that point.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.