cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have a new CC approval post BK started???

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Can we have a new CC approval post BK started???

I lurk here and post a lot, but what I'm more concerned with is the obvious...... Credit Cards and loans approved post BK! I mean it's all fine and dandy to lurk in the regular "credit cards" forum, but it's different for people who have a bankruptcy!

So, with that said....just curious to see what people have been approved for and what's in your wallet these days!

We can keep it short and sweet and just list bk DC date, last current scores, and what's in your wallet. Might be helpful for some of us, just an ideaSmiley Happy. Ill start, and anyone else can join in! Mines in my siggy

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we have a new CC approval post BK started???

time may be a little off here discharged in November 2011 got capitol one secured within one month of discharge deposited 200 received 100 cli within 8 months. around 11 months later obtained capitol one platinum unsecured 500 limit. fast forward to this week approved for barclay 1300

Message 2 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er.... Thanks for posting! I don't care about the time frame at all, cause I'm only 2 months post DC, and that's what I'm curious about! Barclays is a card I want, but from lurking in the forums, they want to see at least 6-12 mo min, post bl on time payments! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 36
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i recieved constant mail from credit one  refused to apply because of the fees....barclay mailed me a pre selected letter and i figured wth

Message 4 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea, same here! A week after DC I got first premier and credit one letters in the mail, and said... No way!!! Waited a little longer and got approved for others! It's in my siggy belowSmiley Happy I'd live to have a discover card but I'm about a yr from that. Need my scores to be way higher
Message 5 of 36
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Bk filed 3/26/2013
Bk d/c 6/21/2013
Eqifax late 2012 545, Mid Bk 579 DC 578 current 583, Tu 638, exp 639

Flooded mailbox post d/c local car dealerships
Capital one pre approvals for blank check auto weekly
Wells fargo secured preapproval ( i had 1 before bk at 0.00 and they closed, well they lost all my buisness closed my checkn savings)
First premier pre-approvals (Garbarge ) $700 limit but high fees
June capital one 300 cl credit steps to 500 when 5th statement cuts call out to EO to get a CLI pending cli or not cant hurt sp rep says
July credit builder loan 1000.00
July secured card
Oct Express 250 sp shopping cart trick <------- no hard pull
Fingerhut 500 mail catalog Pre approval, i had fresh start account in 2011, inq just fell off but never used it, when i went to use it they say i had to re-apply (garbage)
Nfcu nrewards pre approval - pending probly/hopefully 500.00
After my current app i will sit in the garden
I visit this site daily, i live here on the bk forum and the rebuildng forum.

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 6 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ChristineNJ..... Was your nRewards card secured or unsecured? Thankfully they didn't make me do a secured version of that card like they do most fresh out Of bk. there's a great forum that "Creditaddict" put up that is nothing but cli on NFCU cards!! Awesome thread!!! Go read it!! It's called " Can we have an official NFCU cli " something like that , but if you're approved, read that thread like the bible! I read the whole thread like once a week! Lol. I'm in the garden for 6 mo, till end of AprilSmiley Sad need to work on scores
Message 7 of 36
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Completely or sorta unrelated but what is the shopping cart trick ?

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Bbrettlinger.....lol!! From what I understand, the shopping cart trick is basically that... A preapproval soft pull, and it's done at certain companies like Victorias Secret, Jcrew, Buckle, basically most of the stores that Commenity Bank backs. I burned them for quite a but and several accounts, so no preapproval a for me for years probably, lol!!

So what you do is this(make sure your pop ups are on on your computer)
Go to a company, for example Victorias Secret
Put a few items in your shopping cart
Go to check out as guest (register if they ask you too)
And them start putting in your info as like you were checking out , and if you are pre approved it should pop up before entering in your credit card info!

There's a thread specifically on this.... Search in the credit card forum for "shopping cart trick" and you see it!! Good luck and report back if you get any!! Commenity bank issues tons of store cards, I basically had all of them, lol. I'm blacklisted for awhileSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 36
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Never heard of it before until I was on these forums. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.