cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BK13 vanished from my EXP report (only D/C in 12/15).

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: My BK13 vanished from my EXP report (only D/C in 12/15).

You can call TU and EQ and request an early removal.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 21
creditmonger
Contributor

I just called EQ asking for an early removal and after a lengthy wait the CSR said a "dispute has been filed". 

I corrected her saying not disputing but requesting an early removal. 

She indicated she CANT DO THAT and that the removal will occur sometime in October (based on my file date) and will generate automatically within THEIR system. 

I was surprised to hear an early removal was even possible as why would the bureaus ever want to open THAT can of worms. 

Is there any advice or specific instructions as to wording or phrasing that can actually get this done. Any help or tips greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 12 of 21
Scupra
Super Contributor

@creditmonger wrote:

I just called EQ asking for an early removal and after a lengthy wait the CSR said a "dispute has been filed". 

I corrected her saying not disputing but requesting an early removal. 

She indicated she CANT DO THAT and that the removal will occur sometime in October (based on my file date) and will generate automatically within THEIR system. 

I was surprised to hear an early removal was even possible as why would the bureaus ever want to open THAT can of worms. 

Is there any advice or specific instructions as to wording or phrasing that can actually get this done. Any help or tips greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Submitting a dispute is the only way to ask them for an EE. Most do it online and in the comments clarify that they are just asking for an early exclusion.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 21
creditmonger
Contributor

Roger that. Thanks

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditmonger wrote:

I just updated my EXP report FICO to see a 35 point jump and lo and behold discover my BK13 which was only DC in 12/15 is gone, completely. No more Public Record. 

I have access to the other two bureaus' FICO's and its still showing there. 

Anyone have any thoughts on whats up besides not looking a gift horse ...?

It seems that 12/17 would be 7 years which is when a Chapter 13 will fall off if the discharge was 12/15.  I have heard that Experian removes Chapter 13 6 months early.

Seems that is what they did.  The others I think will remove it a few months early as in 2 months before the 7 years but I am not 100% sure.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not true. Transunion is known historically for removing items like this up to 6 months prior to the file date, not the discharge date. Unless they are doing something different within the last several months, this is an exception to the rule with Experian. My BK 13 was removed from TU a little earlier than 6 months, but when filing with Exp and Eq, both stated the info was correct. When filing online, there is not option stating Early Exclusion. When calling in, it seems you either get someone who is willing to help you, or they flat out say that it can't be done until the time it is due to fall off.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  I got an alert from CCT logged in and saw that my Chapter 13 was removed.  I thought it was a mistake until I saw your post. 

My case was filed end of October 2010 and discharged end of January 2016. 

As soon as the BK was removed it caused an account that was IIB to start reporting with a balance owed and delinquent so I disputed that. 

My score increased 20 points but I am hoping it will increase more once the IIB account reports as it should..

I had an account try that while it is still listed.  I have a dispute out on it now.

May I ask which credit report deleted your BK13?

Message 16 of 21
pinoy
Established Member

TU removed my BK 13  6 moths out very easy but good luck with EQ

Message 17 of 21
creditmonger
Contributor

Pinoy et al,

And to confirm you did it via a dispute choosing the Bureau(s) listed reason(s) that most closely aligned w "date" etc being the issue?

Thats what  I did yesterday w TU and EQ. I will keep you posted. 

Message 18 of 21
creditmonger
Contributor

WOW. Thanks to all who weighed in here. 

Less than 24 hours after I disputed w TU I received an email indicating dispute resolved: "DELETED". Immediately went to their own site and got a 56 point jump. Cant wait to see a FICO score on that. 

To reiterate: I simply went to their site and disputed w the reason most closely associated w dating. 

THANKS TO ALL

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditmonger wrote:

WOW. Thanks to all who weighed in here. 

Less than 24 hours after I disputed w TU I received an email indicating dispute resolved: "DELETED". Immediately went to their own site and got a 56 point jump. Cant wait to see a FICO score on that. 

To reiterate: I simply went to their site and disputed w the reason most closely associated w dating. 

THANKS TO ALL

Glad it all worked out!

Now I wait the long road of two years before mine drops off Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.