cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should accounts include in bk show as derrogatory on reports?

tag
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

should accounts include in bk show as derrogatory on reports?

I filed bk7 5 years ago...  the accounts I included show "included in bk7" but status says derrogatory..Is this how they should show?    I just assumed it was right but my reports are clear of lates from the last 5 years since the bk  andmy utilization is low  and my score is only 640....on transunion and 644 and 625 on the other two...

I fthese statuses are wrong and holdng me down I just wanted to get it correct ..If not just want to make sure..

thanks for any info .

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scrubs
Regular Contributor

Re: should accounts include in bk show as derrogatory on reports?

yes showing correctly,

Message 2 of 6
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

thank you Scrubs...that's what I thought...but let me ask you something else...should the history of payments still be showng?  experian wiped it out but the others didn't ...I would rather it be wiped out as I had stopped paying when I filed bk and they show lates until the bk was discharged..

also how does a poential creditor look at this status...or does it just show negative regardless of it being included in the bk.

Message 3 of 6
scrubs
Regular Contributor

tl must show zero balance and incl. in bk nothing else change. as for late they can give you late until they recieve bk letter then the tl is frozen. the tl will not be off your cr report  until 7 to 7,5 yrs after dofd

Message 4 of 6
kjm79
Valued Contributor

OP, if your BK was 7.5 years ago, most of the IIB accounts should already be gone.  Even assuming the DOFD was the filing date, that's still 7.5 years and the accounts should have fallen off already.  Most accounts are negative prior to filing BK so it sounds like these accounts should be off by now. 

And yes, payment history up to the point of filing can still be reported.  Most creditors do not continue reporting during the BK up until discharge, but until the debt is officially discharged they can report lates and changes to balances. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 6
Wantgdcrd
Valued Member

How many new accounts do you have since filing,  are they kept below 10% . This has helped my credit score. I am 3 yrs post chptr 7 with 9 neg accounts still showing for another year before they drop off.  My score is 699, with 5 new post accounts paying on time.  I keep my utilization below 10%.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.