Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit card questions

tag
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

Business credit card questions

So I just got my first 2 chase biz credit cards and I have no idea how they work, questions:

Does it report somewhere?

If it doesn't, what would it happen if I missed a payment for instance?

I apped as a sole prop. with my SSN, will I get a paydex score?

Thanks!

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Business credit card questions

@lexrjSD wrote:

So I just got my first 2 chase biz credit cards and I have no idea how they work, questions:

Thanks!

The terms should say what happens if you miss payments.  Serious delinquencies are reported on personal credit (so watch those biz cards).  Chase reports to ex, and maybe eq, business reports.  Amex reports to small business association.  I think both only report to D&B if you go delinquent.

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

Thanks!

The terms should say what happens if you miss payments.  Serious delinquencies are reported on personal credit (so watch those biz cards).  Chase reports to ex, and maybe eq, business reports.  Amex reports to small business association.  I think both only report to D&B if you go delinquent.

Where do I get business reports?

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 3 of 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I haven't checked mine, since I just got business credit. I'm not llc, nor corporate, not big enough. I'm not in D& B, and I'm not on experian. To check your business report in experian, google for business report, and search for your business name.

Not sure how to check the reporting agency Amex uses, though as long as I don't miss a payment, there really is nothing to worry about

PS, forgot, without ein, you probably won't get paydex score. The business credit sticky explains how to get a paydex score, but I would wait until you NEED the corporation type accounts to go through all that. Small start ups don't necessarily need to spend the money for these expenses. Focus more on growing the business in the direction you have in mind.

Mine will remain small. I am semi retired, and I am just looking at successful management of a legal entity to supplement my income. There will probably never be employees, if I need additional work, I usually sub contract it out. I'm not looking to go big, just long, and I love the benefits of Small Business Credit Cards. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexrjSD wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

Thanks!

Where do I get business reports?

You can get your reports from Experian Business and Equifax Business...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.