New Visitor
bTycoon

Plz explain how APR works!

[ Edited ]

Guys hi

I want to take credit line from my bank(chase)

just spoke with my business banker and she said that i can count on 10%-15% APR.

I am looking to get 30K credit line.

How do the interest and payments calculated?

Let's say i am aproved for 30K with 12% APR.

On Feb 1st i spend ALL this money(30K) on inventory i want to buy.

What will be the inetest and payments? The intesest won't be 30,000*0,12 every month right? It will be 30,000*0,12 TOTAL for a year, right?

And if i pay this within 6 months it will be even less. Basically total amount i will end up paying will be 30.000K i took + around 2.2K in interest - does i calculate it right?

It's totally new for me, so please explain in details:smileywink:

Thx a lot! bTycoon

p.s. i allready have 2 business credit cards(chase and amex), just want to get credit line(expect to pay it withing 6 months most) for inventory.

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: Plz explain how APR works!

10-15% is the Annual Percentage Rate so to make it easy lets say the apr was 12% and you charged on average 10k per month...would you pay $1200 per month interest? No you would pay 12%/12 months so 1% per month. Which easy enough is only $120 for for 10k balance at the end of the month.  

ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}