Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 2nd CLI

tag
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Amex 2nd CLI

My initial limit for the Gold Delta was $1,000, app'd for 3x CLI after 61 days and was counter-offered to my current limit of $2,200.

So I waited past the 180 days since my last CLI...actually about 240 days. Today I went for my 2nd 3x CLI app and received the 7-10 day response Smiley Sad

My utilization is 0% for the card. Ugh, it's been about 4 hours. I checked my email and my account but there's been no email or updates.

7-10 response doesn't always mean decline or 4506-T, does it?
Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Amex 2nd CLI

I dont know but congratulations on an amex card! Im wanting the delta gold or Everyday card but my experian is still to low. If it was transunion I would be good to go I believe! Can I ask what your experian was when you were approved? how many inq? thanks! And I hope you get you 3x limit on the card.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Can I ask what your experian was when you were approved? how many inq?"

Obviously not the OP, but I just got my AMEX Gold a few weeks ago.  They stated my Experian was 712.  I only had two inquiries.

Good Luck on your application!

Message 3 of 13
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thanks Brant!

@Anonymous wrote:

Obviously not the OP, but I just got my AMEX Gold a few weeks ago.  They stated my Experian was 712.  I only had two inquiries.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 13
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Officially hijacked lol

Message 5 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

No op. it does not mean decline on the cli or request for 4506. they are just looking over things. usage. last sp and so on. maybe in the morning you will have answer. you can always call tomorrow instead of just waiting around. to other poster. remember. score is just a very small part of it. i got my delta with a 664 experian. for 3500 dollars. 2 months later they raised it to 10500. but even with my actual score being low. my overall profile was outstanding. then why is score low you ask. because of a 5 year old collection. in which the status changed from unpaid to paid. just paying that thing off. dropped my scores 80 points from 740. which is kind of sad. but that is the only negative on my entire report. a paid old collection. so if your report is fairly clean. nothing bad that is recent. and scores at least around 660. you should be good to go for a amex. but each profile is different. and income and assets plays a role. good luck.

Message 6 of 13
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Thanks Taxi. I called earlier and they said the CLI dept will be open in the am. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep my fingers crossed and update tomorrow

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I'm waiting until my 63rd day. The 61st day falls on a Saturday, and I don't want the agony of waiting until Monday. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 13
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

I dont know but congratulations on an amex card! Im wanting the delta gold or Everyday card but my experian is still to low. If it was transunion I would be good to go I believe! Can I ask what your experian was when you were approved? how many inq? thanks! And I hope you get you 3x limit on the card.

I had 661 EX with 0 INQs when approved for ED

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 9 of 13
Goblin
Regular Contributor

I didn't realize they were closed on Sunday, Captool! Definitely a lesson learned lol

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.