Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC options to get approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC options to get approval

Ok, so my EX just updated to 681. Great thing but I totally messed up the report date to my capital one card so it shows. 100 percent uti. I get absolutely nothing from any pre approvals not even the crap cards so I might be opted out from pre screens.

Here are my DP:
EX 681 1 inq zero derogs
TU 640 3 inq zero derogs
EQ 650 0 inq 1 paid collection $192 credit management for Comcast

Average account age is 5y3m
Oldest is 19y

Cap QS1 299/300
Credit union 0/500
AU Kohl’s 250/700
AU closed sears cars (19 year old) 0/500

Would I be approved for any decent card ? With 3/4K limit ? I don’t care for rewards cash back whatever comes lol
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC options to get approval

opt-in even if you are already

make sure your reports aren't locked/frozen

payoff the crap1 and ask them to do a mid-cycle refresh

Message 2 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

opt-in even if you are already

make sure your reports aren't locked/frozen

payoff the crap1 and ask them to do a mid-cycle refresh

Please dont use that term. Thanks 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea they are unlocked. I did call and ask for them to update it since I got wrong info from rep. Unfortunately they said it would take 2/3 days Smiley Sad.

Should I wait to refresh. Would I get a 10 pts maybe ?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's harrd to guess exactly how many points but, if you've been doing this prior you know what your scores are w/ a $0 balance reporting.  It will certainly look better than applying w/ a maxed out card.  Give it some time to propogate to all 3 CR's before attempting anything.

The only other concern would be the Kohl's account reporting 35%... it might be dragging you down as well especially if it's a newew account.  

As to the original 3-4K CL on a new card.... it's hard to say but, my best guess for options of the normal players would be either Disco / Amex.  For a more regionalized response there are some tier 2 banks that might be options to pickup something w/o as much scrutiny and higher limits.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They actually said it would update at midnight. So I’m hoping the credit bureaus take it immediately (hoop dream I know ). If it did update my overall utilization would be right at 30. Unfortunately not under 28 percent but the kohl’s is paid down lower already just doesn’t update till the 27th.

I’m hoping to Amex. App tomorrow just cold app blue everyday. And if successful going to go for my most wanted card. The citi Costco card.

As stated earlier no pre approval sites ever give me anything back not even cap one for a secured when I first started rebuild I cold app the QS1 thinking it was a prequalify but it was just the “you might be interested in this card” deal.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They actually said it would update at midnight. So I’m hoping the credit bureaus take it immediately (hoop dream I know ). If it did update my overall utilization would be right at 30. Unfortunately not under 28 percent but the kohl’s is paid down lower already just doesn’t update till the 27th.

I’m hoping to Amex. App tomorrow just cold app blue everyday. And if successful going to go for my most wanted card. The citi Costco card.

As stated earlier no pre approval sites ever give me anything back not even cap one for a secured when I first started rebuild I cold app the QS1 thinking it was a prequalify but it was just the “you might be interested in this card” deal.

Is there a rush to apply?  Might be better served by waiting until all the dust settles, including your Kohl’s balance, if it’s going to improve your profile stats. Sometimes a little patience pays off, especially if you’ve waited this long so far. 

Best of luck either way. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually wanted to use a new card with some decent limit to use on my vacation next week so that’s the only rush. I would let it settle and just use cash as I have before. But wanted to start earning rewards/points. And actually use credit cards to my benefit and not the benefit of the card issuer.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you had more time for Kohl's but, it is what it is.  

I never got pre-app's from Amex and cold apped them several years ago and nailed it with a 10K BCE approval.  Sometimes you just have to go for it and throw caution to the wind.  From several Amex approvals / upgrades experience it takes exactly 7 days for the card to show up.  I don't think on a 1st card with them you can get them to expedite though.  

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who, in particular, do you ask for a mid-cycle refresh?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.