Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CCs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CCs?

Amazon Chase Visa is probably one of the strangest birds i've seen, when it comes to approvals/denials w/Chase.

I suggest trying out for a SW First to test the waters, It truly seems to be the easiest co-brand approval as far as Chase is concerned.

Message 11 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Chase Freedom with an open collection from 2011 and a few paid collections from 2008-ish showing and a thin file. One closed CC from 8 years ago, student loan, and car loan all paid as agreed and closed. I'm not sure if they saw my potential or if someone just clicked the wrong button.

Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the Chase Freedom with an open collection from 2011 and a few paid collections from 2008-ish showing and a thin file. One closed CC from 8 years ago, student loan, and car loan all paid as agreed and closed. I'm not sure if they saw my potential or if someone just clicked the wrong button.

hahahaha

Message 13 of 48
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

If they like Hoosiers, I'm inSmiley Very Happy

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon Chase Visa is probably one of the strangest birds i've seen, when it comes to approvals/denials w/Chase.

I suggest trying out for a SW First to test the waters, It truly seems to be the easiest co-brand approval as far as Chase is concerned.

I agree. I had one Capital One card with a $3300 limit wtith all payments on time but I also had a paid collection and a fico of 614 and was approved for 5K with the Premier card and 3K on the plus. I nearly fell outta my chair when I saw the approvals. 

Message 15 of 48
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

I

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree. I had one Capital One card with a $3300 limit wtith all payments on time but I also had a paid collection and a fico of 614 and was approved for 5K with the Premier card and 3K on the plus. I nearly fell outta my chair when I saw the approvals. 

LOL

Ya know, I sometimes wonder exactly what parameters are used in making these decisions, a dartboard?! People you believe are highly likely to be approved, get denied. Those that appear to have little chance, get approved with decent CLs.

Spin the wheel and see what you get!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 16 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

I

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL

Ya know, I sometimes wonder exactly what parameters are used in making these decisions, a dartboard?! People you believe are highly likely to be approved, get denied. Those that appear to have little chance, get approved with decent CLs.

Although I don't even want the Amazon Visa from Chase anymore as I will just get the Sallie Mae, it has become a mission to find out what they are looking for on that!  I can't get them to give me a 500 dollar credit line on it, but give me a 4k on freedom and a 7.5k on CSP?  I really really don't understand their criteria for that card...Keep in mind I applied twice for this card 1 month before my freedom and CSP approvals.. What gives!!

Message 17 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

I

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL

A dartboard indeed. Smiley Wink I had received an invite to apply but I really didn't think I would be approved. Honestly, I would not have applied had I known what my true fico was at the time but I was going by CK and they had me at 693 I think, when in reality it was a 614. My collection has now been removed and all 3 scores are in the high 600s so I'm hoping to score Freedom or CSP in a few months. 

Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@lukepwnsall wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@lukepwnsall wrote:

to my knowlege all chase cards are similar underwritting(except for the Signature cards which require 5k or larger CL). The only thing is pretty much all of their cards minus Freedom Slate and Amazon require a 5k limit so yes those usually are harder to require because chase needs to be confortable with lending you that much credit. otherwise the minimum is 500.

Umm I can point you to someone on this forum that has a 400 freedom CL..  Don't want to embarass them though when their other CL's are 10kishSmiley Happy.. Sure he/she will post here soon enough.. Started with 200cl, the 400 is after a CLI Smiley Happy

Sorry didnt know that Was possible the Reps have told me the Min is 500. My guess is there was a change in the policy or possibly the outcome of AA or something else? But if thats the case then fair enough I am wrong.

NO AA... He/she just got very unlucky... They are on the forum now, just waiting for them to see this thread lol.. He/She laughs as well about it

I think I know who it is. Lol. Tell him I said hi. Smiley Tongue

Nice to know I'm the guy here that has THAT Freedom card. Read 'em and weep, boyz.

Message 19 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Amazon Visa and Sallie don't overlap except for literally Amazon purchases. I have both. Amazon has dining and drugstores. Sallie has groceries and gas.
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.