Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom cli ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom cli ?!

Is it worth a try to ask them to raise my credit limit to 5,000 ? It's at 1,000 and I have had the card for 2 years I would be using this card a lot more often if it had a higher credit limit on it !  The balance on it is $0.00 pretty much because of that . I have 4 other credit cards with credit lines over 2k so I'm a little bummed that im not showing one of my favorite cards any love Smiley Sad  income is 26k  total credit lines 18k with balances of  3.8k 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom cli ?!

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it worth a try to ask them to raise my credit limit to 5,000 ? It's at 1,000 and I have had the card for 2 years I would be using this card a lot more often if it had a higher credit limit on it !  The balance on it is $0.00 pretty much because of that . I have 4 other credit cards with credit lines over 2k so I'm a little bummed that im not showing one of my favorite cards any love Smiley Sad  income is 26k  total credit lines 18k with balances of  3.8k 

Not worth the HP, IMHO.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I  secure message them about it and maybe that will soften their heart and give me some auto luv ?

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I  secure message them about it and maybe that will soften their heart and give me some auto luv ?

They aren't going to consider any CLI without a HP.  As Nixon said, it's not worth it.

Message 4 of 23
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Go for a Chase card with a good sign up bonus like the Hyatt or CSP. Depending on how much they give you, transfer enough of that limit over to your card that you want an increase on through SM. Problem solved. You can even go for two Chase cards on one HP if you do it in the same day though if you're gonna do a business card like the Ink Cash and a personal like Amazon Visa, they may do two HPs for that like what happened with me.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 23
newhis
Valued Contributor

I think it will be hard that you get to 5K from 1K on your Freedom with a HP.

Maybe you qualify for CSP, they give the card with $5K min, then you can transfer some/most of the limit to Freedom.

EDIT: I was slow responding. You can try the SM route, some people report they were able to get some auto-cli but don't expect more than double your current limit. The will answer that they need information to pull your credit, just answer back that you don't want them to pull your report because that will hurt your score, just wanted to know if you qualify for a limit increase without that.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have a chase united with 5k and a slate on 2k I don't think they will approve me for a CSP 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have a chase united with 5k and a slate on 2k I don't think they will approve me for a CSP 

Then you are certainly better off moving some CL from your other cards. How long have you had the Freedom?

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My slate is still in a balance transfer with a balance of 1700 and the United ha as balance of 700 .... So it's a no go right Nixon ?

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My slate is still in a balance transfer with a balance of 1700 and the United ha as balance of 700 .... So it's a no go right Nixon ?

I would not say it's a no-go. Just don't move more than oh say $2,000 away from your United to your Freedom so your utilization doesn't freak out.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.