cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Duel Application Denial for BS Reasons--- Need Backdoor # or Contact info for Recon PLZ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Duel Application Denial for BS Reasons--- Need Backdoor # or Contact info for Recon PLZ

I had recieved 2 pre-qualification emails and offered up my applications, since I am in the process of building a credit history after cleaning up reports that were mutilated via ID Theft. I know people on this board hate Credit One, and I don't want to hear about all of the other options out there since I don't have an extra $500 to put into a secured card at the moment, so I willing to dance with the devil until I can raise my scores. 

The applications were denied according to Credit One because they tried to call me to verifiy my identity due to a fraud alert on my credit report and they couldn't reach me. Well, they never contacted me on either phone # that I provided on my applications & I contacted Experian as well to confirm that I no longer have the security alerts on my file and they reassured me that everything has been removed.

They also said that if I had an alert on my report like they claim they would not have been able to do a hard pull since it would have stopped them until they verified my ID. I don't know if that is true or not, but it kinda makes sense.

So, I called a spoke to a regular CSR and tried to explain my situation and I got the run around.

I want to have them RECON my applications and I know that they can do so without doing another hard pull, but I can't find any info online.

Do you know where I could send my info to? Who do you suggest? I tried looking on Linkedin to find the heads of the CC Underwriting Dept, but I could narrow it down enough to find who handled consumer accounts since it seems that everyone who works for that company gets a fancy title as part of their position.

Any positive advice on this would be appreciated!

Thank You!

Mellissa "MJ" Webster

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Duel Application Denial for BS Reasons--- Need Backdoor # or Contact info for Recon P

Sorry to hear about your denial. From what I remember, when you report or flag your report for fraud, eventhough you may have reported only to EX. They are responsible for informing the other CRA's, so it depends where Credit One pulled the report from, since they can pull from any of the three. I know for one that TU may still have your alerts active, eventhough the fraud alert has already been lifted, they will still keep your account alerts for sometime. Probably just call TU, EQ and find out if the alert has been removed from them as well. Good luck and maybe try to call them back and offer to end verifying docs. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Duel Application Denial for BS Reasons--- Need Backdoor # or Contact info for Recon P

Thanks for the reply hun... I appreciate it. 

I actually got ahold of all 3 agencies earlier this week to confirm that I no longer had the fraud alerts on my reports and that I was also able to recieve prequalified offers as well. 

I know for a fact that they pulled EX because that is what it said in the letters of denial, plus it also updated on my credit monitoring services. 

Hopefully, someone will take pity on me and help me out with some information. lol

NOW I need to research how to successfully recon NFCU. They pulled TU, when I thought they would pull EX or EQ. If it was June 8th or before I would have LOVED for them to pull TU since my score was 644, but then the DEPT of EDU double reported my defaulted student loans that were recently consolidated and being paid as agreed and that dropped my score to 512!! 

ANYWHO-- I am just trying to get my score up and build a positive credit history, anyway that I possibly can. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have $500 for secured cards, how do you know you can pay any new credit card?  It's a chicken and egg situation.

I would forget Credit One and just work on building a savings over 2-3 months so you can get credit cards without any fees.  Capital One and Discover don't need huge deposits.  Capital One might be as low as $49 (for $300 CL) and Discover is $200 minimum I believe.  So $249 and you're in with prime banks, no fees.

I suggest people with $0 savings avoid credit repair until they get on a budget that includes at least $100 a month in savings.  There's a reason why all of us ruined our FICO scores, me included, and that was not having saving to manage one month of spend.  Try that first.

Edit: Where are you pulling your credit score from?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with ABCD2199

IMO it's a much better/safer idea to prove to one's self they can MANAGE to put aside $50 for 6 months in a row w/o a hitch
It simulates making a monthly payment w/o hiccups
It creates the deposit required to start a secured TL
If this task proves a problem, thank goodness you were "practicing" vs screwing up a real payment

Yeah it cost 6 months of history but if that's a small price to pay vs taking one's chances with poo poo TLs anyway

If 6 months discipline self reprogramming buys one confidence and access to better long-term quality lenders IMO it's win-win

And Yes Discover minimum =$200
Plus plenty places are $300
Some $250 one or two CUs $110

Suggesting that $500 can secure more than 1 TL
The objective is to build as much positive data as one can asap and multiple TLs does that better than one all things considered

One 'could' secure a $200 Discover, a $250 decent CU Visa and with a $49 Cap-1 MC ($300 CL) all with $499 vs just a single $500 TL just sharing info....things can be accomplished over several months if need be the time is gonna fly past either way

Good Luck
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.