Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU

tag
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

DCU

Thought I would share DP on DCU.  I app'd with them an got denied due to BK13.  I was discharged but it want come iff my CR until June of 2024.  Credit score is 720.  So beware their not BK friendly.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU

@tendertan wrote:

Thought I would share DP on DCU.  I app'd with them an got denied due to BK13.  I was discharged but it want come iff my CR until June of 2024.  Credit score is 720.  So beware their not BK friendly.

When was the BK 13 filed?   Your experience is very different from mine.   About two years post-filing BK7, they approved for a $10K Visa.   A couple of years later I impulsively closed that card in an attempt to streamline.   A couple of years later I decided I wanted more creditors on my open accounts list and re-applied and was given $25K - where it sits today.   I haven't put more than $500 on their card(s) ever.

They are very sensitive to newly filed BK's, and they are known to be much harder on accepting membership than on approving loans or credit cards.   People routinely get approved for credit, only to be denied membership.

I would call and recon.   It is possible that they are using the discharge date and not the filing date and that's why your recently discharged BK 13 application got denied.   Since my BK7 discharge was three months after filing, they are essentially the same date.

Do follow up with them.   I do not in any way doubt what you are saying, but I personally would like to know what they tell you.

And remember, the official denial reason often has nothing to do with the actual reason for denial.   The official denial reason is there only to explain why your FICO score wasn 't higher at the time of application, but they have disliked something else about your profile that was their real reason.   This happens ever single day.

Message 2 of 9
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

I filed June of 2017.  Been discharged I believe around April of this year.

Message 3 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Was that for membership to get Saving/Checking or for Credit card?

Also is your ChexSystems clean? They have always been sensitive about that.

Message 4 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

They are very sensitive to newly filed BK's, and they are known to be much harder on accepting membership than on approving loans or credit cards.   People routinely get approved for credit, only to be denied membership.

Agree the main battle is getting in with them mainly due to chexs sensitivtiy.. Once that is done other stuff is overall easy

Message 5 of 9
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Yes, my chex system is clean.  I'm a member also.  I'm going to recon in the morning

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Was that for membership to get Saving/Checking or for Credit card?

Also is your ChexSystems clean? They have always been sensitive about that.

Message 6 of 9
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Screenshot_20230911_144949_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Message 7 of 9
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Do you have the recon number or anyone?

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@tendertan wrote:

Do you have the recon number or anyone?

I imagine the best way to approach it is through secure mail system on their site or emailing them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.