Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it app denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it app denied.

So a month ago I applied for discover it card & got the denial. I had 2 baddies then, with score just at 580-600 range. I've paid off one baddie & gotten my score to around 625-645. Would I be able to call & recon the previous with success or would it be better to re-app? & what do you guys think my chances are of getting approved? I have 5 cc right now, cap1 platinum, qs1, gamestop & overstock thru comenity, & a kay jewellers card. I only use the 2 cap1 card frequently, keep the utilization down around 15%, gamestop only used once & paid in full once a statement cut & the overstock & kays have never have used. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it app denied.

@Anonymous wrote:
So a month ago I applied for discover it card & got the denial. I had 2 baddies then, with score just at 580-600 range. I've paid off one baddie & gotten my score to around 625-645. Would I be able to call & recon the previous with success or would it be better to re-app? & what do you guys think my chances are of getting approved? I have 5 cc right now, cap1 platinum, qs1, gamestop & overstock thru comenity, & a kay jewellers card. I only use the 2 cap1 card frequently, keep the utilization down around 15%, gamestop only used once & paid in full once a statement cut & the overstock & kays have never have used. Any suggestions?

A recon would only allow them to review the same report pulled so there will be not a consideration given on the fact your paid off the one baddie. They simply could not see that. Also, with the increased score to possibly 645, I would suggest to hold off still as discover likes to see 700 for appovals. While others have been approved for lower than a 700, it then becomes a situation where your profile and history comes into play. Again, I would wait until you cleared the 670s or so.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied with a 770 Fico when pulled and 4 years of history. Utilization was 1%

I just LOL'd and moved on
Message 3 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I would say do your home work first.  You're moving in the right direction though with things.  You took what they gave you and got things cleaned up a little bit more.  A ~50 point jump though from where you were would at least get you in the door with a Secured Disco if they don't approve you for the regular one.

Message 4 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Sleep85

Im beginning to reconsider my plans on apping for Discover

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was at 630 FICO and could've qualified for their student card but I went the Secured route instead it gives them a chance to see how you handle the card and it gives you a chance to improve your scores in the next 7 months to ultimately get a higher SL. I just don't see a downside to going Secured it's awesome!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been getting bombarded with Discover It snail-mail offers lately (and their website assures me I'm pre-qualified). I don't know if I want to pull the trigger on that, though, even though I've had a successful credit application history the last few months (Amazon Store Card, Capital One unsecured, PenFed used car loan) and my latest hard-pull Equifax score shows me at 690, very close to "good" territory.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.