Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!! NFCU locked out for eligibility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!!!! NFCU locked out for eligibility

Scary!

I just found out that my step father is a member of NFCU. He called & got all the info I needed to join. I just joined online. I'll wait a while before applying for anything. I still have clean up to do.
Message 101 of 110
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@jsully87 wrote:

Just got a message from NFCU - they won't remove the INQ -- and they won't close the membership until BT are paid, which is understandable.

SO -- question --

Should I pay down slowly, or just pay off ASAP??

I'm not sure how they will report next month, as of right now, one is open. one is closed, and they are both showing 0 balance.

if you plan on apping other cards, a card reporting a balance with no credit line will kill utilization

on the other hand if you do not care about how it reports i would pay the minium until the bt promotion expires and then pay if off so they make as little as possible

Message 102 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

Just got a message from NFCU - they won't remove the INQ -- and they won't close the membership until BT are paid, which is understandable.

SO -- question --

I'm not sure how they will report next month, as of right now, one is open. one is closed, and they are both showing 0 balance.

if you plan on apping other cards, a card reporting a balance with no credit line will kill utilization

on the other hand if you do not care about how it reports i would pay the minium until the bt promotion expires and then pay if off so they make as little as possible

So you are saying, that if they report as closed, the reported credit line doesn't factor in?

If that is the case, then I will pay off ASAP

Myfico EQ 670 / TU 625 / EX 614 Jan 11,2015
AAoA : 4yrs
Mine: Cap1 $500 | Cap1 $300 | FH 1100 Store Cards : $2750CL
AU QS 750 | AU Cap1 1000 | AU Cr1 500 | AU Fp 300
Message 103 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsully87 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

SO -- question --

So you are saying, that if they report as closed, the reported credit line doesn't factor in?

Do you plan on using your credit any time soon?

I would use the BT's to your advantage and slow pay them.

Message 104 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

SO -- question --

Not sure what you mean, Nixon....

My NFCU accounts are locked. But if you are talking about the TL in general -- then if it is better to pay down, I will. The two BT are $250 on the Nrewards $1500 joint, and $500 on the CashRewards $2000 DH card.

I would definitely like to pay down slow, so that I am not hurting the next few months -- but if I have to, I will pay them off.

Message 105 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

and just to clarify, our accounts were locked out before we even recieved the cards.

We have them now, but can't use them, and haven't even activated them (not sure that we would even be able to)

Message 106 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsully87 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

SO -- question --

My NFCU accounts are locked. But if you are talking about the TL in general -- then if it is better to pay down, I will. The two BT are $250 on the Nrewards $1500 joint, and $500 on the CashRewards $2000 DH card.

I would definitely like to pay down slow, so that I am not hurting the next few months -- but if I have to, I will pay them off.

They already lent you the money. You might as well make good use of it.

Message 107 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

SO -- question --

Thanks Nixon, and sorry to sound "dim" but you are talking about paying it down slowly? Like minimum payments?

I had originally signed up for them to pull the min payments out of the checking -- but since my accounts are locked I stopped my direct deposit. Not sure what I can do, I would hate to have them try and draw every month and put my account in the negative -- and then have no way of knowing about it.

Do you think I should just go visit a branch?

Message 108 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsully87 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@jsully87 wrote:

SO -- question --

Thanks Nixon, and sorry to sound "dim" but you are talking about paying it down slowly? Like minimum payments?

I had originally signed up for them to pull the min payments out of the checking -- but since my accounts are locked I stopped my direct deposit. Not sure what I can do, I would hate to have them try and draw every month and put my account in the negative -- and then have no way of knowing about it.

Do you think I should just go visit a branch?

I would just pay it down over the original terms of the BT. If it's 12 months, then split the amounts by 12 and send equal payments to each.

Message 109 of 110
jsully87
Regular Contributor

Okay - I will do that Smiley Happy Thanks Nixon!

Message 110 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.