Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help to apply for cards!

tag
DotaK
Regular Contributor

I need help to apply for cards!

My score is EQ 636 T 640  E 626, I have 11, 10,  21 inquries on each BU , and Utilization is 42% credit line total  is 52k so farI would like to apply for US bank credit cards and Citi and BOA and chase credit cards, I would like to know which BU they pull from credit report and how much chances I would get approval. . Please any suggestions helps. My income is 97600. Highest credit line of card is 17000. I do not have Chase and US bank credit cards so far. But I do have US and Chase bank checking accounts. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Re: I need help to apply for cards!

I have perfect on time payments and score is not high due to high utilzation .AAOA is about 2 years.

Message 2 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I would say pick only 1 or 2 cards for this year and garden til next year. Get those scores up and your util down

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 9
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Google "Credit Pulls Database" and you'll find a wealth of info on who pulls what. Just remember, with bigger banks and issuers, YMMV. Here are a few of my experiences:

AmEx - solid EX puller

Chase - luck of the draw. Southwest card was TU/EQ and CSP was TU/EX I think

BofA - TU for Alaska Air card

Citi - EX for AA card

PenFed - EQ
NFCU - TU for membership, EQ for Cash Rewards, TU for goRewards

US Bank - I don't have their card, but they said it's random, and they can't override (take that with a grain of salt though)

Barclaycard - generally solid TU

Synchrony - generally solid TU

Discover - TU

Again, some are more predictable than others. You might want to wait until you're below 30% util before apping though - you'll have better chances for approval, and also for better limits/interest rates.

Good luck!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 4 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If I'm reading your balance owed correctly -- $21,840? -- I suggest going into the garden until your utilization across the board is substantially lower, which in turn will increase your scores and AAOA. Then, I believe your chances for getting the cards you want, and with decent SL, is doable. Good Luck.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 9
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Thanks for reply, I just want to apply for news cards to make some balance transfers , the interests of my cards are high , Just trying to pay down ASAP 

Message 6 of 9
DotaK
Regular Contributor

around 21000 in debts. Thats why I would like to get some new cards to make some balance transfers. 

Message 7 of 9
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 9
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@DotaK wrote:

I think if your goal is to pay off the cards, and lower the interest on your balances, you might have better luck with a credit union and a bill consolidation loan. Do you belong to any right now? If you explain to them what your goals are, I think you'll have a better chance than getting another card.

Honestly, I'm afraid your chances for cards are on the low side w/ high util and scores in the 600s. Even with an approval, it'll likely be a limit that's too small to do a BT on.

I searched CreditPulls w/ 650 score, and most approvals there were in the 500-1500 range. A couple of anomolies were NuVision FCU (which anyone can join I think), and Navy Federal.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.