Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Overstock Luv Button Broken?

tag
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

Is Overstock Luv Button Broken?

I was recieving $200 increases every month but then the last cycle I hit the button and got the 7-10 business days. I waited a few days and nothing. I do have a balance of $500 - well $400 now I just made a payment with a limit of $4400

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Overstock Luv Button Broken?

@gwizdak24 wrote:

I was recieving $200 increases every month but then the last cycle I hit the button and got the 7-10 business days. I waited a few days and nothing. I do have a balance of $500 - well $400 now I just made a payment with a limit of $4400

I'm experiencing the same thing. No love this month after a few CLIs. The denial letters state "recent credit line increase to account". No balance at the time I tried. I've seen others post the same dilemma. 

I have been been able to get CLIs on my other Comenity accounts, though.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 18
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

oh man, I was looking forward to that increase every month lol. Sucks.

You are so lucky with other commenity. Express gave me an automatic increase of $250 - now $750

but V.S. keep asking me to check the box that says they want to check my credit and I refuse to give up an inquiry for an increase, if that was the case I would then use it for Chase.

Message 3 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

haven't gotten an increase with jcrew for the last several months prior to that it was like clock work.. Maybe they are cutting back?  

Message 4 of 18
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

Bummer. Comenity needs to stop the nonsense.

Message 5 of 18
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@gwizdak24 wrote:

oh man, I was looking forward to that increase every month lol. Sucks.

You are so lucky with other commenity. Express gave me an automatic increase of $250 - now $750

but V.S. keep asking me to check the box that says they want to check my credit and I refuse to give up an inquiry for an increase, if that was the case I would then use it for Chase.

Don't blame you.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

@gwizdak24 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same thing. No love this month after a few CLIs. The denial letters state "recent credit line increase to account". No balance at the time I tried. I've seen others post the same dilemma. 

I have been been able to get CLIs on my other Comenity accounts, though.

Comenity is watching these boards and they finally are shutting the doors down for all the crazy CLIs. Why give you more CLIs when  you're not going to even use it. Give the credit line to someone else is their new motto.

Suck it up to no more massive (ahem monthly easy-breezy CLIs on their LUV buttons.)

Tiime to turn off the crazy Comenity faucet. Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

1967-bullwinkle.jpg

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an Overstock account pop up for my mom and she got a $2000 limit  early last week and I instantly hit the cli button and she got another $300. My DW finally got the pop up using her last name as first name and first and middle initial as last name and she only was approved for $250 and was denied the instant cli. Of course her credit history is only 10 months.

Comenity's sp's seem to factor in length of credit history to determine limits and frequency of cli's. You can have a file with some high lines of credit but if it's not long standing credit they will not respond well. I have yet to get an Overstock increase ,was declined twice on my $500 limit, yet J Crew gave me 2 $300 increases up to $1100.

Message 9 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

If Comenity were really watching these boards you would think they would know the difference between a hard pull and soft pull by now Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.