cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally Bummed. :( Nobody wants to give me a CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Totally Bummed. :( Nobody wants to give me a CLI!

I'm happy for everyone but I keep seeing people get approved for Amex with low 600's. I just saw a 636 one. That's what bums be out. I'm almost at 700 and I can't get a CLI and people who have 620-640 are getting approved for $1000-$6000 limits.

My baddie is a stupid $155 paid collection from 2009. It's the little mark that will haunt me forever.

Ok, I'm done complaining. Thx for indulging me. Please discover... come through for me so I can forget all about my (whatever the male version of mistress is). I should be faithful to you anyway.
Message 21 of 27
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you're not having any luck...but got a ? for ya.  Do you need these increases or just want them?  If it's just a want, I can total understand as I've been there myself.  While this forum is a wealth of information, it can also have the reverse affect.  Often times you'll find yourself pushing for higher limits on cards that you don't or won't use due to "just because".  And while there is nothing wrong with that, but you're letting it affect your mood and seems like it's ruining your day. 

Don't let the rejection of a CLI do that do you, it's not worth it...especially if you're not using the current limits that you have with each respective lender.  Sometimes taking a break from this forum can be helpful...especially when I read that you're letting the fact that others are getting ahead with lower scores affect the feelings you have about your own profile. 

If you truly need the increases because you're utilizing the cards and the current limits you have are hindering you ability, then by all means push on for higher limits.  If you're wanting a CLI just for the sake of getting one, then I'd suggest letting it go for a while.  No need to ruin your mood or your day over something you truly don't need anyway.  Just my opinion.  Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's what I'm doing. CLIs don't count when gardening correct?

If they are soft pull I never count them.

Message 23 of 27
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry about your bad luck with CLI lately , I'm right there with you ..Navy fed has me so discouraged and feeling defeated . 😢😢 hang in there DJ it will get better 😊
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't let it bother you.  You ship will come.  Forever I was stuck with a toy QS and normal Disco and Citi DC.  Finally my active AA picked up and raised scores I got $1K from QS and $1.5K from Disco.  However for some reason my DW who I write up  all the bills for and has same income as me gets cards with 5 digit limits and $5K CLI.  I have never understood this but.    Just age everything and try in a few months. 

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You too Aduke! Thx.

Thx all. Today was better. Got 2 good CLIs on Amazon Store And my Ebates Visa Sig. Very happpy about the Ebates one.

And.... my Disco is still not decided despite them saying 2 days. I know it isn't a denial yet cuz when I try to pretend to do another it says I have a request pending still.

So maybe I'll get Disco, Ebates and Amazon and only denied for Amex and CrapOne (which I would close if it was not my oldest card-I never use it, the rewards suck, and it's my lowest limit card)
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I feel a bit better knowing why I was denied. They used the same report they had from my first FICO on their site. Since then I had a PR fall off and my score jumped 40 points. I'm guessing if tney pulled a new report and it was a 685 and now a 639 I may have gotten my increase. Hopefully in 90 days I will. At least I know a good reason. I was bummed since people were getting new approvals with higher SLs than me and scores like 625 and 630. I may call and see if tney will Recon this with a new pull. I won't if my Disco comes back Approved. I'll let it sit and maybe I'm 91 days I'll be above 700 on EX. I cannot wait till (either Aug or Oct) till my last baddie is off and then I hope to have my EX match my EQ and TU.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.