Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

express store card

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

express store card

I applied for a express store card. I tried the sct but no popup. I figured they checked equifax but my equifax was frozen but I saw a soft inquiry from them. I guess the full application is only a soft pull cause it was the same day I full applied. not the sct
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
schsa210
Established Contributor

Re: express store card

Were you approved?

I received my Express card via the shopping cart trick along with Overstock, J. Crew & Buckle.  The trick didn't always work on the first try, few times I kept clearing browswer history, cleaning out carts and adding new items, but eventually they worked.  Limits are really low, but I was just happy they worked.

If you like the store cards, just keep trying the sct with Comenity stores and eventually, you too should get those pop-ups.  Me, unlike most people, I can't say not to preapprovals =)

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 2 of 19
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I was needing a store card to add to my credit profile since I don't have one. I hope I got approved for the express card they said to wait for notice to come in the mail. they couldn't tell me if I was approved or not. if not no harm done only soft pull. I will definitely try what you advised if I don't get approved. thanks
Message 3 of 19
schsa210
Established Contributor

Keep us posted and don't give up on the shopping cart trick

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 4 of 19
Scupra
Super Contributor

I thought Comenity pulled EX on cold apps? Someone correct me if I am wrong Smiley Happy

edit: checked DW's records and they pulled EX for her

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 19
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

They SP EQ for me when I opened my accounts (Loft and VS) - sct before I even knew things like that happened ;-)  but I just hit the CLI button yesterday for both accounts and the HP EX for the increases.....

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 6 of 19
Pway
Valued Contributor

Scupra you are correct.  They pulled Ex for me as well. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@needtodobetter wrote:

They SP EQ for me when I opened my accounts (Loft and VS) - sct before I even knew things like that happened ;-)  but I just hit the CLI button yesterday for both accounts and the HP EX for the increases.....

I thought all commenity store cards were soft pulls when hitting the CLI button.  I'm not hitting that button anymore if it's an HP.  Anyone else getting HPs for CLI button??

needtodobetter....did you at least get some luv for your HP?? 

Message 8 of 19
bobbay
Established Contributor

@undrtkr65 wrote:
I applied for a express store card. I tried the sct but no popup. I figured they checked equifax but my equifax was frozen but I saw a soft inquiry from them. I guess the full application is only a soft pull cause it was the same day I full applied. not the sct

This is the single most useless card comenity issues.  it has grown to $2k while JCrew has grown to $15k just under 2 years.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 9 of 19
2b2rich
Established Contributor

They SP EQ for me, but I applied at check out.  It didn't actually pop up, but the banner for the app was at the top of the page when I clicked on check out.

(

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.