cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ED 25k MR sign-up - approved 2 days after PRG 50k offer!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX ED 25k MR sign-up - approved 2 days after PRG 50k offer!

Well... I didn't even need to call in - woke up this morning to another approval email from Amex! Attached the new ED to my existing account, logged in and boom - 8k SL!

Not too bad all things considered, and the 25k MR sign-up bonus will go nicely with PRG's 50k, and Platinum's 100k... now I gotta figure out what to do with 175k MR Smiley Happy

For reference, I opened 3 Amex cards last month (1 personal charge, 1 personal revolving, 1 business revolving), and 2 this month (1 personal charge, 1 personal revolving) and my Experian FICO 8 went up 3 points from last month despite the  2 additional inquiries.

In theory I should really really really be gardening for the foreseeable future!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX EDP 25k MR sign-up - approved 2 days after PRG 50k offer!

Congrats and nice limit as well at 8k!  What apr did you get?  Not that you can't haggle them every month for an apr reduction after a bit of time as all my Revlovers other than my new BCE is < 10% Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats and nice limit as well at 8k!  What apr did you get?  Not that you can't haggle them every month for an apr reduction after a bit of time as all my Revlovers other than my new BCE is < 10% Smiley Happy

Thanks! I can't seem to find APR anywhere, should it be viewable on the account? It's 0% for 12 months so maybe that's why I can't find it? 

Oh wow I need to work on that more!! my lowest CC APR is with PenFed and it is 10.x%, but I think everything else is 15-18%

Message 3 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex is very easy to get them to lower apr's with some useage.. As stated my 2 out of 3 of my revolvers are < 10% apr..  Other one will be there once 0% apr is up..  Not like I carry a balance, but always nice to have if I need to do so!  

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX ED 25k MR sign-up - approved 2 days after PRG 50k offer!

@Anonymous wrote:

Well... I didn't even need to call in - woke up this morning to another approval email from Amex! Attached the new ED to my existing account, logged in and boom - 8k SL!

Not too bad all things considered, and the 25k MR sign-up bonus will go nicely with PRG's 50k, and Platinum's 100k... now I gotta figure out what to do with 175k MR Smiley Happy

For reference, I opened 3 Amex cards last month (1 personal charge, 1 personal revolving, 1 business revolving), and 2 this month (1 personal charge, 1 personal revolving) and my Experian FICO 8 went up 3 points from last month despite the  2 additional inquiries.

In theory I should really really really be gardening for the foreseeable future!

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Man LOL

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!
Message 9 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.