Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase United Explorer

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase United Explorer

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 12 of 20
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I was approved for the Chase United Mileage Explorer card. Happy to be in with Chase, was previouslly declined for CSP a few months ago.

I got an instant approval and it said my CL is $2000. I thought this card was a Visa Sig with minimum $5k limit?

Congrats on the new card. And yea that's pretty common. If you don't qualify for the Sig, they usually issue you the Platinum Version unless it's an exclusive Sig Card 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 13 of 20
screwcredit

Hello

What credit score is needed to qualify for a Chase United Card? Right now, I have a capital one credit card that I got approved last month. All three credit bureaus report my credit card this month. I have a collection that just pop up on my credit report, other than that, Thats all on my credit report. My chapter 7 is removed my credit report.  Will I be able to qualify for this card. Thanks

Message 14 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@screwcredit wrote:

Hello

What credit score is needed to qualify for a Chase United Card? Right now, I have a capital one credit card that I got approved last month. All three credit bureaus report my credit card this month. I have a collection that just pop up on my credit report, other than that, Thats all on my credit report. My chapter 7 is removed my credit report.  Will I be able to qualify for this card. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.  With a new collection and limited credit chances are slim. I would suggest working on getting your collection account taken care of before apping. 

Message 15 of 20
sjt
Senior Contributor

Did you end up with a Siggy or a Platinum?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 20
ibedat74
Valued Member

I had an experian of 650 when I got my explorer with some 3 baddies about 6 years old and they also started me at $2000.  I'm thinking of closing my amazon and southwest card to move those limits over so it can up me to a siggy just for ego.  I was propped up with them a bit because of a year of one time payments on a car loan.

Message 17 of 20
IWOL
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Did you end up with a Siggy or a Platinum?

My original approval was for the Platinum with a $2K CL. Chase doubled my limit to $4k after the 6th statement cut and I have also added the CSP since then with a starting limit of $7K.

Message 18 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wonderful news! Congrats to you
Message 19 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.