Did you mean: 

Bank of America... I just can't win with them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America... I just can't win with them - UPDATE

@Creditaddict wrote:

OMG I got the $99/$500 Secured offer!!!

I'M TAKING IT!!!  I would have loved this offer a year or two ago when my scores more reflected it but whatever, it's my in with BofA since my AU accounts have not helped me at all!

Congratulations!!! BOA has an excellent track record of graduating secured credit cards. Keep up the good work!!!

Message 41 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America... I just can't win with them

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I have their Fully Secured card after having burned them nearly 7 years ago. I'm hoping it will unsecure within 12 months, but this doesn't give me much hope. It seems like they concentrate more on baddies than what you've done good....then again, I guess they all do that. I have 2 Cap 1 unsecureds...so if at the 12 month mark I don't "graduate" I'm closing it....I can live without BOA ...despite banking with them for over 10 years now.

From friends and things I've read about BOA they are really good at graduating secured credit cards. Best of luck!!!

Message 42 of 56
Repairman
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

Bank of America sucks. They are the worst when it comes to customer service and working with their customers. I NEVER burned them, NEVER was late on a single payment  and had a card with them for close to 2 decades and I paid the balance off in full and what did they do? They reduced my cl from $5000 to $700, and tacked on a $49 Annual Fee, where there never was previously one. They say they did it because they saw Ihad been late with AMEX. They refuse to remove the AF or raise the cl. Their only option to me is "apply for another one of our cards." WHAT??? The funniest part of this whole ordeal is that AMEX, who they claim their basing their punishment of me on, is currently providing me with 2 cards, each with vastly more credit lines than BOA is. Despite it being my oldest card, I'm so dumping them before that AF hits again. Good riddance!!!

I certainly can understand your frustation repairman. But this for sure is very common in the credit world. They don't base these things solely off of you not being late with them. But with any creditor you have. regardless how long the relationship was. you certainly should be upset. but im not sure closing your oldest tl will help. It for sure will not punish a big bank like Boa. but more than likely in time will hurt your scores. but if you have tl that old probably not. Ive seen that time and time again. Someone say late on a car payment. and the credit cards take action against them. they are afraid they are next. I would simply contact Eo and explain my situation and history with boa and try to get limit restored. which seems like you did. or i would leave it at 700. not use and pay the AF. and leave them alone. Mostly this is the result from going beyond 30 days late. and i for sure don't know how late you were. But its a horrible situation in any case. This also gives me reservations on dealing with Boa. Sorry it happened to you. Smiley Sad

Yes, it is very common...moreso with some  creditors than others, as evidenced tha Bank of America was my only creditor to take such action. I'm not tryiing to punish BOA, by closing the card, it just no longer makes sense for me to have. Why continue to pay a $49 AF (an AF that I never had up until recently) on a card with a $700 cl, that I will never use again, with a company who's customer service I find to be sub par? Sure it's my oldest tl, but it will still report for another 10 yrs after closing, and by then, all my other tl's will be 10 years older. I've contacted the EO and they aren't willing to do anything. Not only did they NOT help, they hurt me by doing an unauthorized hardpull, just weeks after they had done another one. I disputed that and they agreed to remove it, claiming it would be done within 60 days. That was March, and it still has not been removed. Just contacted them again, and they are blaming Transunion and claim they have no idea why they didn't remove it and they are investigating and contacting them again.

My bggest gripe with BOA is not even really the action they took, but the fact that other creditors, including said creditor they based their decision on, have shown great consumer interest in helping me alomng and forgiving my past mistakes, yet BOA who I have never had any issues with refuses to. Even my lowest limit store card (opened a few short months ago) is giving me a $6000cl. And BOA gives me what? An AF and $700. It's not only their original actions, but their continued actions which are leading me to happily say, good riddance.

Message 43 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the secured card creditaddict! I got one too and it graduated in about 16 months, got some auto luv this week too from them. (shockingly I didn't know they did that)

Message 44 of 56
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'M TAKING IT!!!  I would have loved this offer a year or two ago when my scores more reflected it but whatever, it's my in with BofA since my AU accounts have not helped me at all!

UPDATE: DENIED!!! I might break something right now!

Message 45 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Very sorry to hear. What happened, CA?

Message 46 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Well that is interesting.  Did you burn them in the past and suddently the offer for the 99/500 was rescinded?  Ok, I guess this thread will go back to where it started.

Message 47 of 56
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm that is a weird change of events.  Sorry to hear.. Not a good day for BofA/Disover.  Next month is around the cornerSmiley Happy

Message 48 of 56
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OOPs, my bad... I had given in and applied for a secured card and then the next day received the $99/$500 in the mail and sent it off... it appears (clearly) my secured application processed through and was approved before they received my signed $99/$500 app and you can only have 1 secured card product so that was denied.

since they are practically the same thing but $99 vs. $500 ill just leave it alone and pay my dues with BofA and see if I can finally win them over... secured credit guy transferred me to a senior unsecured credit guy for 1 more recon on my denial and he just said "not enough time since the settled accounts"

They are over 2 years old but he wouldn't budge on that was to recent so we stopped the conversation.

Message 49 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I HAD to get the fully secured BoA platinum with $600 of the hardest bucks to part with. Now they're one of my highest CL cards. Keep trying!
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.