CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom just floored me!

Congrats on a very nice approvalSmiley Happy

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much everyone!  I am still grinning ear to ear!!

Chase only pulled my TU report.  It is my highest score, no baddies and only had 2 inquiries.  Any other lenders pull TU only?  That seems to be my magical key.

Message 22 of 30
nicktonite

Congratulations! The only other lenders I know that pull TU exclusively are Barclays and Synchrony Bank.

Starting Score: EQ 631 TU 726 EX 717
Current Score: EQ 658 TU 791 EX 797
Goal Score: EQ 800 TU 800 EX 800

In My Wallet: | Barclay Sallie Mae (WMC) | Chase AARP (VS) | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday | Chase Freedom (VS) | Capital One Quicksilver One (AU) | Capital One Platinum (AU) | ..........gardening for the one to rule them all..........The Ring!
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really stumped on one more card before gardening.  I may even just leave it be and stop.  Here is a little of my history.  If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

AAoA - Experian has my AAoA at 4 years because they have one old card the others either removed or didn't have.  It is around the 2 yr mark for EQ and TU until the Discover and Chase cards report.  I also will have a new mortgage report in a month or so.  When everything hits, I will take a serious score hit.  I am ok with that and planned on not applying for anything else for at least a year, possibly longer.  That is why I am trying to get what I want now.  

INQ/Util - My inquiries are low.  According to my 3B report that I bought a couple weeks ago, TU has 3 (including Chase from last night).  EQ has 5 (which includes Discover from a couple days ago)  and EX has 2.  My mortgage only had one pull from EQ & TU.  My utilization is 1%.  I would have had more inquiries but knowing that we wanted to buy a house forced me to stay in the garden lol

Negs - EQ and EX have a $150 medical collection from 2010 that I disputed but didn't finish battling.  TU has no negs.

Current Cards:  Cap 1 (November, $4,500); Total Rewards Visa (January $3,500); Overstock (Jan. $2,200);  Victoria Secret (Nov $1k)  Discover (August $3,500); Chase (August $10k).  I am in with Cap 1, Comenity, Discover and Chase.  Adding Amazon will give me Synchrony,   So who is left?  Barclays, AmEx, Citibank, BOA......Long term I hope for a citibank card.

I don't know if Barclays is an option.  Amex still has my interest but I don't have theirs lol  I only pre-qualified for them back in April and got some mailers.  Something changed that they didn't like because I quit getting mailers and the pre-qualifiers.  I am going to call NFCU tomorrow.  I thought I applied for my own account (currently a joint account holder) but I haven't heard anything.  I had planned on applying for a rewards card soon as I got my welcome packet.  Soooo, I think my strategy is changing.  Pick another major card now and go for NFCU after my scores and AAoA has had time to recoup.  My goal is to pick cards that will grow with me cli wise and/or have no interest for the first 12 mo.   I will be using them quite a bit in the next few months because I am remodeling a house.  If I do decide to just buy everything at once, I will have 12 months to pay it off so no interest accrues.

My brain is officially credit fried lol

Message 24 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Barclays has no cards with 0% promo, only 0% balance transfer in first 45 or 90 days I think. They might not be happy with the new accounts, unless they aren't showing yet.

The others don't pull TU. So, NFCU only option.
Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 30
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^My Rewards card has 0% on BT and purchases for 12 months.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  Just looking at your Credit scores from 2014 till now,  very encouraging! 👏🏼 👏🏼 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That is a jaw dropping initial credit line. 

Message 28 of 30
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Good deal!!! I went for the Freedom and got denied for to many new accounts in the last two years. A couple of members advised me to go for the United card if I wanted to get in the Chase family so I did and was approved. Congratulations to you!!!

myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 29 of 30
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Congrats on that great SL!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.