Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi/Aadvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard- APPROVED

tag
Janneman
Established Contributor

Citi/Aadvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard- APPROVED

Just a few minutes ago (5:40am of June 15, 2023) I applied for this pre-selected offer that I have received in the mail for a while ago. I have been avoiding to accept/apply for this offer since last year but Citi has been kept sending it every 3 months, but this time I have not received any more extension to it, so I just applied for it because its hard to let go this kinda offer- 80k bonus miles after spending $4k in the first 4 months, free first checked bag on domestic American Airlines, preferred boarding privileges, could earn a $125 American Airlines flight discount, 25% savings on inflight purchases, no foreign transaction fees, 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spend...and many more perks.

Last year Citi started to send me the offer for this card but bonus miles were only 40k...and when I didn't respond then they offered 60k ...and then after a few months when I didnt respond then they lowered the offer to 30k...and then again 40k...but since March I got this offer of 80k and today was the last day to respond to this offer. I honestly didnt want to apply for anything because I have been in garden for the last 7 months and I have NOT applied anything all this time. Score is 834 across all CBs...utilization is less than 1% ($10 balance reporting only for AZEO purpose)...Don't know yet as to where they pulled from but I have had only two inquiries in all credit reports.

Kinda disappointed with the SL that I got...$12,400. Don't understand this figure of $400 though... Most of my cards have CL over $20k, but it could be because I have two more Citi cards, Custom Cash and Rewards, and they are both have CL over $20k...This card has AF of $99, but first year's AF is waived. I might not keep this card after a year and would request to downgrade it to no AF card, if I could. Anyway, I was really hoping to get much better CL...but appreciated whatever I got...I normally dont fly with AA because AA allows only one free checked bag on international flights, and 99% of my travel are on international flights...United is the another carrier along with AA that also have the same baggage policy, which is why I dont fly with these two airlines because I take few baggages....Do you guys know as to where I can use this AA bonus miles of 80k and what they are worth of? Thanks

IMG_0742.jpeg

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi/Aadvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard- APPROVED

Congratulation on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 2 of 19
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new credit card approval, Citi bank is thighting up  from view point.

Message 3 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Janneman   "Initial Credit Limit"  could that mean it's more than that once you activate the card?

nvm, just hopeful but ....nvm.  It's not like its a synchrony card Smiley Tongue

Anyway, congrats and hope you get to use it and grow it quickly.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

Just a few minutes ago (5:40am of June 15, 2023) I applied for the pre-selected offer that I have received in the mail for a while. I have been avoiding to accept/apply forthis offer since last year but Citi has been kept sending it every 3 months, but I have not received any more extension to it, so I just applied for it because its hard to let go this kinda offer- 80k bonus miles after spending $4k in the first 4 months, free first checked bag on domestic American Airlines, preferred boarding privileges, could earn a $125 American Airlines flight discount, 25% savings on inflight purchases, no foreign transaction fees, 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spend...and many more perks.

Last year Citi started to send me the offer for this card but bonus miles were only 40k...and when I didn't respond then they offered 60k ...and then after a few months when I didnt respond then they lowered the offer to 30k...and then again 40k...but since March I got this offer of 80k and today was the last day to respond...I didnt want to apply anything because I have been in gardern for the last 7 months as I have NOT applied anything in the last 7 months. Score is 834 across all CBs...utilization is less than 1% ($10 balance reporting only for AZEO purpose)...Don't know yet as to where they pulled from but I have had only two inquiries in all credit reports.

However, I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the SL that I got...$12,400. Don't understand this figure of $400... Most of my cards have CL over $20k, but it could be because I have two more Citi cards, Custom and Rewards, and these both have CL over $20k...This card has AF of $99, but first year's AF is waived. I might not keep this card after a year. I can request to downgrade it to no AF card, right? Anyway, I was really hoping to get much better CL...but appreciated whatever I got...I normally dont fly with AA because AA allows only one free checked bag on international flights, and 99% of my travel is international flights...United is the another carrier along with AA that also have the same baggage policy, which is why I dont fly with these airlines because I take few baggages....Do you guys know as to where I can use this AA bonus miles of 80k and what they are worth of? ThanksIMG_0742.jpeg

Congratulation on your new approval!

Message 5 of 19
Janneman
Established Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Janneman   "Initial Credit Limit"  could that mean it's more than that once you activate the card?

nvm, just hopeful but ....nvm.  It's not like its a synchrony card Smiley Tongue

Anyway, congrats and hope you get to use it and grow it quickly.

I also thought that there might be more credit line later on, once I get the card, given its language of 'initial credit line', but I received an email too which clearly states my credit limit...awwww...it would have been nice if it would have been really initial credit line...lols..Thanks

Message 6 of 19
Janneman
Established Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Congrats on your new credit card approval, Citi bank is thighting up  from view point.

You are right...I got Custom Cash card a bit over a year ago and did spend good amount of money, but until now not even one CLI request got approved...Every time same respons/reason I get- not enough spending....I have used that so much, but Citi is just not budging...I was not expecting them to approve me for this new card, but I guess gardening might have helped....

Message 7 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 19
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 9 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice one @Janneman . Congrats!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.