Did you mean: 

HOLY DISCOVER!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOLY DISCOVER!!!

@GFer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I opened my discover account on Aug. 4th. It reported to fico on 8/19. It took about a week to get my card. It has been my most used card since then.

OMG! It took that long to report??? Did you have to make a charge before it reported??

You can always call and ask them to report if you want it done ASAP. They've been really good about off cycle reporting requests for my wife and I.

Message 11 of 22
GFer
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GFer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I opened my discover account on Aug. 4th. It reported to fico on 8/19. It took about a week to get my card. It has been my most used card since then.

OMG! It took that long to report??? Did you have to make a charge before it reported??

You can always call and ask them to report if you want it done ASAP. They've been really good about off cycle reporting requests for my wife and I.

Good to know, Gridium! Thank you! Just one more reason to love Discover!

***And thank you everyone, else, as well!!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 22
GFer
Valued Contributor

Kinda shocked, though.  Any card I've ever opened before emails me right away with congrats. Nothing from Discover!  Glad I print screened the approval and the limit!

Last week or so, I got approved for a Lowe's card and they not only emailed me, but let me set my account up on line right away. I sure wish Discover would do that.

Message 13 of 22
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Your card will come sooner than you think (well it did for me) and in some very nice packaging. I think that'll makeup for the email (it sure did for me!). Smiley Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval! Unreal the starting CL. Got the NHL Card and it turns heads when I use it. Got'ta love the double cash back for the first year! Heart bleeds for the score hit for a new inquiry and new account. Been holding off on any new apps just to see how close I can get to 850 (no real pressing need for new credit anyway). Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
GFer
Valued Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

Awesome approval! Unreal the starting CL. Got the NHL Card and it turns heads when I use it. Got'ta love the double cash back for the first year! Heart bleeds for the score hit for a new inquiry and new account. Been holding off on any new apps just to see how close I can get to 850 (no real pressing need for new credit anyway). Smiley Happy

lol (you must be St. Louis!)

I know what you mean, though. I was pushing the score as well...just cause. But I needed some car maintanence and I NEVER pay interest so it just works for me. I did a bathroom remodel on interest free recently as well. Some would say not the smartest thing to do, but as I said, it works for me. Next project...

I lost 6 points for my new Lowes', but not sure how the Discover affected me. Don't really care enough to pay to see.

Message 16 of 22
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICE SL, congrats on the approval

Message 18 of 22
GFer
Valued Contributor

Thank you, again everyone!

Got my pretty new card today!  Very nice packaging! Pretty quick too, as was the inquiry---but totally worth it!  This just may be my favorite card!

And now that I set up my online account, I feel o' so 'official'! LOL  I'm a dork---I know!

Message 19 of 22
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I know the feeling! Guess we're both dorks! Congrats again and welcome to the D it Family. Smiley Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.