cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks that I am on the way for my very first denial ??

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Looks that I am on the way for my very first denial ??

I had the 7-10 day message on both my US Bank cards. It shouldn't be a denial in my opinion.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 37
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

I had the 7-10 day message on both my US Bank cards. It shouldn't be a denial in my opinion.

+1

Right....I had a 7-10 day message even with a pre-qual

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 12 of 37
TYHGTYHG

I got the 7-10 wait for my initial app, got the card with 2k limit showing up online within a week. Got the 7-10 wait for a CLI to $5k, got the increase 7 days later showing up online. Both TU pulls.

Message 13 of 37

With those statistics I fully expect an approval because my friends had similar statistics and were approved.

Message 14 of 37
BigBS
Senior Contributor

US Bank does do manual review of apps. Since the Cash+ card is what you wanted why not call in the app? They aren't in my area either and using the 800 number have applied for 2 (both went to manual review, BTW).

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 15 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

US Bank does do manual review of apps. Since the Cash+ card is what you wanted why not call in the app? They aren't in my area either and using the 800 number have applied for 2 (both went to manual review, BTW).

I tried to call for the phone app but due to my zip the app could not be done... not in their footprint..ha ha.. but they send me offers for other cards. So I took the old offer for Perks+ Visa Signature and figured it is still valid until 12/30 so I would try to get to Cash+ with a small detour.  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys for all your info. Today I called the automated phone line to find out the status of the app and it gave me the congratulation message. Now curious to see if they will send me the Perks+ Visa Signature with at least 5K limit or a Platinum edition... hope for the first so there is something less to worry before the attempt to PC to the Cash+ in a while.  Very strange that you can get offers for most cards but simply not allowed to apply for the Cash+ ... sooo weird. But hey it looks I am in with US Bank and this is good news.

Message 17 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I wouldn't sound the bell of doom so fast.  US Bank is known to do manual reviews. 

How are  your ARS/Innovis reports?

not so much on it and I was hesitating to freeze them then decided to play "fair" and let the lenders pull whatever they want. Other than Discover and Cap1 nobody ever pulled these ....oh I forgot on ARS I have a US bank comment "unable to reach customer possible fraudulent app"..... oh this could be the big NO for US Bank without freezing ARS?  I never applied for a US bank card and this comment is 4 years old and looks that ARS never deletes any old info even if not accurate. So if this is a denial it will be game over for these smaller data collectors like Innovis, ARS and IDA and I will put a freeze on them.

Lexie hope you are right it is just manual review - thanks for getting my hopes up Smiley Happy

I wouldn't have given those jokers the chance to report, period. 

This app was a test run and with a denial I would have placed a freeze on ARS.  The interesting part now is that even with this funny comment on ARS it looks US Bank approved and did not even call for verification. ... this is what I would have expected with such an entry on the report.  Doubt they approved without pulling ARS.

Message 18 of 37
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Fedexboy,

All of my US Bank apps have been instant approval. Two of them got revoked but my last three (all this year) remained intact. I never got 7-10 day response.

Lg, goodluck. Ive had mediocre customer experience with US Bank, but wanted to get "in" with them (excuse the air quotes).
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Fedexboy,

All of my US Bank apps have been instant approval. Two of them got revoked but my last three (all this year) remained intact. I never got 7-10 day response.

Lg, goodluck. Ive had mediocre customer experience with US Bank, but wanted to get "in" with them (excuse the air quotes).

Besides the Cash+ (Which isn't worth much for certain things at close of year), What else do they really have that's enticing?

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.