cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+1 Movie Fridays Visa Sig benefit is awesome!

tag
BLAIX
Contributor

Re: +1 Movie Fridays Visa Sig benefit is awesome!

Awesome! I've only recently found the wonders that are Signature perks and DH was laughing at me the other day when I was excitedly talking about using the Signature concierge services soon. I've been wanting to go see Mad Max and Jurassic Park so this is an excellent reason to get him to let me pay! Smiley Wink lol. Only it says buy 2 get one free, so I guess we will purchase 2 and maybe end up with some friends.

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 11 of 21
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@BLAIX wrote:

Awesome! I've only recently found the wonders that are Signature perks and DH was laughing at me the other day when I was excitedly talking about using the Signature concierge services soon. I've been wanting to go see Mad Max and Jurassic Park so this is an excellent reason to get him to let me pay! Smiley Wink lol. Only it says buy 2 get one free, so I guess we will purchase 2 and maybe end up with some friends.

When you buy 2 tickets, one of those purchased will end up free. Smiley Wink

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 21
newhis
Valued Contributor

The promo is a +1 ticket, so if you buy 2 you only pay for 1, if you buy 3 you only pay for 2 and so on.

Any Visa Signature card can be used for Friday purchase for Friday show. If you have Chase Visa Signature you can do the purchase Wednesday and Thursday also.

Only 1 purchase every 30 days per card, until August. So is great for people with several VS cards.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used it yesterday. Also they credit the purchase fee too. So you get one ticket and one convencience fee free.

I've used it twice so far. Unfortunately, it is only worth it on movies that are 3D in my town since they cost $6 while non-3D is $3 a ticket for matinee.

Message 14 of 21
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used it yesterday. Also they credit the purchase fee too. So you get one ticket and one convencience fee free.

I've used it twice so far. Unfortunately, it is only worth it on movies that are 3D in my town since they cost $6 while non-3D is $3 a ticket for matinee.

Wow! That's a great deal! My 3D ticket yesterday was $13.54!  Smiley Surprised

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used this perk on my CSP this past Friday for Jurassic World. Amazing movie by the way, 10/10!

3D IMAX tickets were going to cost me $14 a pop so it was nice to recieve one for free.

But I didn't recieve the convience fee for free as stated by somebody else on here...

Total came out to roughly $18 for me and my fiance but her parents, who came with us, ended up paying over $30 for 2 tickets at normal pricing!

I very rarely go to the movies but I am now considering a monthly 'movie night' as this perk is a great value.

Movie night will have to be added to my monthly 'sushi night' too as I get x3 points on dining on the first Friday of every month Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

for those using the Capital One Quicksilver card, did you have to request the Visa version? or would it work with the Mastercard version as well. TIA

Message 17 of 21
newhis
Valued Contributor

@krisssmmm wrote:

for those using the Capital One Quicksilver card, did you have to request the Visa version? or would it work with the Mastercard version as well. TIA

Your card must say 'Visa Signature'. It will not work with regular Visa, Mastercard nor 'Visa Platinum' from Mexico (I tried).

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@I-think-I-can wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! That's a great deal! My 3D ticket yesterday was $13.54!  Smiley Surprised

Tickets are super cheap in the cinema in the mall. The tickets are $3 until 6pm everyday.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.  Just found out about this last night.  Can't beat a date night where you can take your date free.   Great for us men who are cheap. LOL

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.