Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.99% on BCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

9.99% on BCE

Hi, it's been a while since my last post. Today I entered to my BCE page and I saw an Amex Offer which says:

"Congratulations! You've been selected for a promotional APR of 9.99% on eligible new purchases made during the promotional period. The promotional rate begins the day after you enroll your Card and expires 12 billing cycles later. After the end of the promotional period, the APR for these purchases will be your standard purchase APR, which varies with the Prime Rate."

I read the terms and I don't find anythng weird. Has anyone got this offer? Is there a downside to this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 9.99% on BCE

tons of posts about similiar offers although most are 0-6.99% apr for periods of 6-12 months..  Just search the first 5 pages of the sub-forum and you will see them.   No catches on "MOST" offers.  

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

tons of posts about similiar offers although most are 0-6.99% apr for periods of 6-12 months..  Just search the first 5 pages of the sub-forum and you will see them.   No catches on "MOST" offers.  

sorry for not doing the due research before, so long without posting forgot to do it. I'm going to see what I find. what have been the catches?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this pop up a couple days ago only mine was 6.99 for 12 billing cycles. I read through and decided to enroll. I doubt I actually use it though, always PIF,,,It's nice to finally start getting offers from them. Ironically I got another pop up the very next day. This one stated that I was prequalified for their NextStep loan which I'm still mulling over...
Message 4 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

sorry for not doing the due research before, so long without posting forgot to do it. I'm going to see what I find. what have been the catches?

believe only catch one person had was delta card was for only delta purchases if i remember correctly otherwise none i have seen

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

believe only catch one person had was delta card was for only delta purchases if i remember correctly otherwise none i have seen

ok, thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense to you of course but that isn't that great of an offer honestly. First off, most PIF but citi offered me 12 months for purchases at like 5% so there is better out there for you for sure.
Thanks for posting but I'd explore other options if I were you
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No offense to you of course but that isn't that great of an offer honestly. First off, most PIF but citi offered me 12 months for purchases at like 5% so there is better out there for you for sure.
Thanks for posting but I'd explore other options if I were you

no offense taken. the thing is I already have the card and my apr is higher so I wanted to know if there was a catch to enroll in it. so far i have always PIF so i might not even use it but why leave the offer there then?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.