Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMAZON PRIME STORE CARD

tag
Atonswife
Contributor

AMAZON PRIME STORE CARD

I just received an email stating I was pre-approved for the Amazon Prime store card. I logged into my Amazon account and see the pre-approval along with a $20 gc if approved. Is this a good deal? Or is there a chance a bigger gc promo will come soon? I mean I shop amazon often especially during the holiday time and I am a prime member. Just wondering if I should hold out a bit.
Thanks
As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMAZON PRIME STORE CARD

You also get 5% back as being a prime member plus getting the foot into Sync bank is great because of the CLI love they tend to give out Smiley Happy Oh and I use my Amazon Prime a lot hahaha!

Message 2 of 23
Atonswife
Contributor

Thanks dodgey. I'm sure i'll get great use out of it because I shop Amazon a lot even during off season (non-holiday time) so the 5% back is great. I'm more so wondering about the gc deal that comes with it. I mean hey $20 is still not bad since that's $20 less out of my pocket but was only curious how often these deals change. I definitely want in with Synch because I want a Banana Republic card. That is definitely a card I would burn through!
As of 11/02/15:
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 3 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Atonswife wrote:
Thanks dodgey. I'm sure i'll get great use out of it because I shop Amazon a lot even during off season (non-holiday time) so the 5% back is great. I'm more so wondering about the gc deal that comes with it. I mean hey $20 is still not bad since that's $20 less out of my pocket but was only curious how often these deals change. I definitely want in with Synch because I want a Banana Republic card. That is definitely a card I would burn through!

The basic question is how much you spend on Amazon each  month (say) and what is your best card now.   If you spend enough, and your current card is say 2%, waiting for a possible better offer may make little sense.   If you spend (as an example, I don't know what "a lot" means!) $300 a month, the card will give you an extra $9 over a 2% card, so waiting four months for a possible $50 offer (which may never happen) would be a loss.

People tend to do the same waiting for a Freedom $200 bonus, without calculating whether getting the Freedom now would more than make up the $100 difference in bonus

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

hahah I feel you! I have the Old Navy card and Im burning that like crazy and you can use that card to shop at Gap and Banana so I shop at all 3 with one card Smiley Very Happy Do let us know how it goes with that call Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 23
Atonswife
Contributor

@longtimelurker thanks..that really makes a lot of sense. I can easily spend 300+/mo and way more during the holidays. Currently my highest cash back card is my QS Visa Sig @1.5%. I think i'm just going to go for it now since I actually have some shopping to do. Again $20 gc is $20 less out of my pocket.

@dodgey I will most certainly let you know how it goes.!!
As of 11/02/15:

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a pretty good store card if you use Amazon a lot. Once you get the physical card in the mail, call up and ask for a higher SL. I was approved for 2200, called the day I got my card, asked for 10k and they approved it on the spot.

Good luck!
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that 5% cashback for Prime members on EVERYTHING?  That's pretty awesome, I think that will be my next card because I have Prime and buy almost everything from Amazon unless I need it same day... I could see that card being pretty beneficial as long as I keep the utilization low.

Message 8 of 23
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It's a good card with no downside and it grows like a weed.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. 5% on everything. Or 6 Month no APR on $150, 12 month on $500+
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.