Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
lanc
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI

I was approved for Amex blue cash on May 1 with a 7500 cl.  I put around 2k on it and got denied at the 61 day mark for an increase to 15k.  I was assuming because I was using 30% util.  I called customer service to ask about other things (The blue doesn't have expresspay or roadside assistance not sure if the rep didn't know what he was talking about).  Also, he said I can't request a cli for 6 months since last denial.  I said I thought it was 90 days and he said no.  So I went to the webpage and requested it anyway.   I have a balance of 2123 out of 7500 balance pushing about $500-700 through it every month trying to keep it under 2k and eventually pay it off before 0% ends in april.  So I only asked for double but you can be approved carrying a 30% util balance with amex Smiley Happy

BAM

Request a Line of Credit Increase 

Congratulations!
Your request to increase your line of credit to $15,000 has been approved and will be available for use within 15 minutes. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

CONGRATS!!!!

Very nice increase!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! That will definitely help your util.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 12
alboto
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!!! nice increase.

Message 4 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Score!! So five months later, you got it?!? Yay!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 12
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

lanc wrote:

I was approved for Amex blue cash on May 1 with a 7500 cl.  I put around 2k on it and got denied at the 61 day mark for an increase to 15k.  I was assuming because I was using 30% util.  I called customer service to ask about other things (The blue doesn't have expresspay or roadside assistance not sure if the rep didn't know what he was talking about).  Also, he said I can't request a cli for 6 months since last denial.  I said I thought it was 90 days and he said no.  So I went to the webpage and requested it anyway.   I have a balance of 2123 out of 7500 balance pushing about $500-700 through it every month trying to keep it under 2k and eventually pay it off before 0% ends in april.  So I only asked for double but you can be approved carrying a 30% util balance with amex Smiley Happy

BAM

Request a Line of Credit Increase 

Congratulations!
Your request to increase your line of credit to $15,000 has been approved and will be available for use within 15 minutes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats!!!  I'm working on my first CLI for BCE and was wondering where you found the option to request online.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Was it a sp btw?!?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 12
lanc
Regular Contributor

I did it online but I'm assuming it was soft the tab is under More Account Options --> Increase Line of Credit.  Also, I just called amex back and found someone friendly and knowledgeable (crazy how random that is to find at a cc company).  He said they do offer the contactless pay (expresspay) on the amex blue cash card so the first rep didn't know two of the three things I asked.  He's shipping two cards next day for me and my wife (AU) and they should be at my house between 9AM-7PM.  The first guy was under the "general questions" prompt and this guy was with replacement cards I believe (If the rep options are different between the two phone trees).

Message 8 of 12
lanc
Regular Contributor

I guess a had a lot of questions for this one rep.  My last of the 3 questions was about roadside assitance. I decided to call Amex's global assist/Roadside assist and see if it's offered on there blue cash everyday/preferred cards.  He said the card does have tier 1 (pay as you go) contracted rates.  So services are not covered like some other amex cards but it's $66 to tow 10 miles or $44 to replace a tire/pull you from a ditch/lockout/gas etc.  Good stuff to know...

Message 9 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Awesome!!!!! I realllllyyy wanna get to $10k on this card! My initial line was $3500 as of Oct 1st:-)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.