Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Spending Ability

tag
Iamien
Established Member

Re: AMEX PRG Spending Ability

I am a very profitable customer to Amex as I run many very small transactions (4,000- 5,000 $5 online transactions a month). I have only ever once in the past year carried a relatively small balance.

My Official Creditlimit is $9,500. They have refused twice now to increase my limit though they seem to religiously let me exceed my official limit by 100% exactly, Meaning in the past year they have always let me run my balance up to $19,000.

I'm not sure if it because of my profitability or that there is a min purchase amount needed to be declined before you hit 200% of limit, I would assume it's a combination of both.

733 TU (08/21/2013)
Amex BCE($20,000): 3% Groceries - 2% Gas - 2% Department Stores
US Bank Cash+($9,500): 5% Fast Food - 5% Cellphones - 2% Resteraunts
Chase Freedom($4000): 5% Rotating
CapOne QuickSilver($30,000): 1.5% Everything
Citi Double Cash($12,500): 2% Everything.
Lowes($2,400) 5% off Lowes.
Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRG Spending Ability

@Iamien wrote:

I am a very profitable customer to Amex as I run many very small transactions (4,000- 5,000 $5 online transactions a month). I have only ever once in the past year carried a relatively small balance.

My Official Creditlimit is $9,500. They have refused twice now to increase my limit though they seem to religiously let me exceed my official limit by 100% exactly, Meaning in the past year they have always let me run my balance up to $19,000.

I'm not sure if it because of my profitability or that there is a min purchase amount needed to be declined before you hit 200% of limit, I would assume it's a combination of both.

Is this on a revolver or a NPSL?

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.