Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX green to zync...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX green to zync...

I have the Amex green since sep10, and this has an AF of $95, waived for the first year. Do you think i should call now and i ask for the zync (since its AF is lower)?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX green to zync...

I would keep the green for the rest of the free year, there is no reason to downgrade right now. The regular Membership Rewards points on the Green are better than the Express on the Zync so I don't see a reason to downgrade yet, just do it in the 12th month.

Message 2 of 7
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would keep the green for the rest of the free year, there is no reason to downgrade right now. The regular Membership Rewards points on the Green are better than the Express on the Zync so I don't see a reason to downgrade yet, just do it in the 12th month.

+1  Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 3 of 7
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

If you are looking for some back dating... do it early in the year.

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

If you are looking for some back dating... do it early in the year.

This benefit relates to adding a new Amex acct. not product changes.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, you know...I've been thinking. While the Membership Rewards program points are more valuable than Zync's Membership Rewards Express...I find that on Zync you earn a lot more points than you do on Green, Gold, etc.  While it does cost a little more to redeem, you still earn more due to all the bonus benefits. I don't know if I'd ever want to PC to MR rather than MRE...I mean I earn bonus points on my cell phone bill, cable, home phone, internet -- which are hefty bills each month. I guess with a lower redemption rate on MR justifies this but I don't know...I think I'm still partial to Zync...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Secondly, if you later apply for a regular Amex Credit card that is in the regular membership rewards, you can link your zync and it will then be in regular membership rewards!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.