rob3gd

Adding Authorized User to Walmart Card Help

So today, I added my sister to my Chase Freedom and Walmart card. Both only asked me for her first and last name. I asked Chase if they would report to the credit reporting agencies and he told me probably and they would find my sister using her first and last name. How could this be? Yes, she is my sister, but we have different addresses and she never lived with me. What if I wanted o ad a friend, how would they find he/she? I dont know...

Is there anybody with experience that can tell me some information? Anyone ever added an authorized user with only the first/last name and that person not living nor ever did live with you?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Adding Authorized User to Walmart Card Help

I would pull a report for your sister in a month and see if it successfully reported.

Thats all thwy wanted was name? That doesn't seem fullproof to me!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
josie

[ Edited ]
I added my son in January, Walmart and capital one is showing on his credit report.

Starting Score: 581 TU 549 EQ 541 EX(LO Jan. 2011)
Current Score: 696 TU (690 wally) 633 EX 652 EQ
Goal Score: 700 TU 700 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Capital One $500
Capitol One Secured $2000
Orchard $420
Walmart Card $700
Paypal SmartConnect $600
Amazon Store Card $700
Regular Contributor
blk8

Your current address will have to be listed somewher on her credit files for each bureau for it to work properly. I was an AU on my parents account a while back, it only reflected on my EX cause it still had their address from a while back listed.

Your only other option would be for your friend to update her address to yours ... with one of her creditors, or somebody that reports to her CR.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+