Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise/feedback for bill me later

tag
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advise/feedback for bill me later

@studiogeek wrote:

You wish it reported 100+%  utilazition?

NOT reporting is the value of the tradeline as the only way to raise the limit is to max it out.

I agree.... the No Reporting TL.... Is a + in my book of BML.... Allows you to use all/most of your CL, carry a Bal for the 6 mos No Payments/No Interest feature and not have it effect your UTL. 

Message 11 of 14
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

I have 1 other question.

It started popping up when i was using my paypal. Asked for name, last 4 digits of social.

It is no longer popping up (or hasn't happened again) but when i go to pay and click on bill me later it still ask's for last 4 digits of social.

Does that mean i will most likely get approved?

I just dont want to be denied and waste an inquiry.

Thanks again everyone!

Message 12 of 14
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@stefnian0426 wrote:

I have 1 other question.

It started popping up when i was using my paypal. Asked for name, last 4 digits of social.

It is no longer popping up (or hasn't happened again) but when i go to pay and click on bill me later it still ask's for last 4 digits of social.

Does that mean i will most likely get approved?

I just dont want to be denied and waste an inquiry.

Thanks again everyone!

If you're shopping on a website that offers you the option of BillMeLater, you can apply for it. Whether it 'pops-up' or you apply at a shopping cart, it will be a hard pull.

(I think the pop-up you are referring to might be on ebay or paypal, and in that case they have your full SSN, you're just confirming it)

If you start with a small purchase, the limit might be small. But, later you can attempt larger purchases and if your credit warrants it, they will do a SP CLI at that time.

The CL doesn't show on the credit report, nor the TL at all. If your goal is to show positive activity, this isn't the card for you. If, however, you want to enjoy the promotional financing without having it affect your utilization, then this card does serve a purpose.

I grumbled when I opened my first BML with a paltry $544 limit. But I cleaned up a couple of 30-day late blemishes on my report, let the others age some more, made nice with Comenity and a few other lenders, and was prompted for a NewEgg/BML card that came back with a $8k limit. I attempted and was approved for a $2k purchase on the BML that appears over on PayPal BML.

I ended up with two paypal accounts, so I have one PayPal account with BillMeLater attached, and the other one has my EBAY MC attached to it. (so I can get rewards on those ebay purchases which are less than the free financing threshold)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 13 of 14
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

I love BML. The no reporting is the best feature. I always keep in charged up with no interest balances.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.