Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

@Creditaddict wrote:
well I called and they said it's being reviewed and everything is fine. I hope I get offered something!

So I guess they ran your credit we gone have to lock your reports an mine to lol. Is this a local credit union that's located in your state?. I hate putting my money in a place where I don't have local access.

Message 11 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Alliant is a great CU.  Congrats to the OP!

Message 12 of 94
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
well I called and they said it's being reviewed and everything is fine. I hope I get offered something!

So I guess they ran your credit we gone have to lock your reports an mine to lol. Is this a local credit union that's located in your state?. I hate putting my money in a place where I don't have local access.

I like hiding money from myself! or making it take a couple days to access! lol
The online thing asked for my permission to pull EQ my best 630 

Message 13 of 94
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats on the approval!

great hearing about members good experiences over at alliant. having just been 'turned down' for pen fed again (recon) today, i was feeling a bit dejected.  since alliant was high up on my list of cu wanna apps i decided to test the waters on what i mistakenly thought was my 'pen fed ready' app profile with another cu.  even the pen fed csr said, 'oh it looks like you were really close, it's not that you're bad...' he, he

then, i apped alliant and they offered multiple preapprovals upon app incl. a 6.5k cc.  i hope i am approved for it, not sure how that works.  in any case, it's true the application process was simple and streamlined.  towards the end of the online app they instructed me to print, sign and send in a 'signature card' by snail mail.

Message Edited by score_building on 03-24-2009 03:48 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 94
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

If they approved you on-line while joining, the card will show up within a week or so. They do not require anything else as long as you checked the box to accept the card. Once you set-up skybranch for on-line access, you will see your new credit card and deposit accounts right away.

The first time I logged on, which was a couple of days after joining, all my accounts including credit card were listed.

Message 15 of 94
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Sorry for leaving out my scores, they pulled EQ and my true FICO is 710, no baddies.
Message 16 of 94
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

thebostonredsox, great post!

My question to you is how much documentation do they require for opening a personal account with Alliant?  I understand that a personal credit report would be pulled (EQ ?), as with other credit unions, and I know proper ID's are needed to prove you are who you say you are.  I'm asking specifically about tax records, balance sheets, net worth summaries, or any other docs they might require which provide more information than just verification of income. 

In other words, can I just open an account with them without necessarily applying for any type of credit product, or is the whole process automatic without exception? 

Message 17 of 94
score_building
Senior Contributor

@thebostonredsox wrote:

If they approved you on-line while joining, the card will show up within a week or so. They do not require anything else as long as you checked the box to accept the card. Once you set-up skybranch for on-line access, you will see your new credit card and deposit accounts right away.

The first time I logged on, which was a couple of days after joining, all my accounts including credit card were listed.

wow - that's great.  thanks for the info -i thougt it was possibly just an invitation to apply, not a firm offer.  v. cool!  i daresay that was a borderline pleasurable apping experience. i too sure am feeling cu love, Alliant RULES!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 94
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Uborrow - They do not require much documentation. You will need your driver's license number and exp date. The credit preapprovals pop-up toward the end of the process and it is automatic. This is because in order to join Alliant, your EQ file is automatically pulled, as is a Chexsystems report. They verify this info, determine your eligibility to join based on your credit and then match you up to any credit product you qualify for.

The credit card, if offered and accepted, requires no further documentation. The car loan, if offered and accepted will require proof of income (paystub), and all pertinent vehicle information. In speaking to a loan officer i was told that the pre-approvals offered during the enrollment process are largely score based. The higher the score, the better the offer.

At the very end of the on-line process, they will give you a .pdf file to save and print. this contains your signature card which you must sign and immediately mail back to them. They must have your signed sig card in hand within 7 days of your app date.

Message 19 of 94
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well I still have not heard form them since (I think failing the security questions) so I did not get to the part where they offer additional products like I wantedSmiley Sad but I do see the pull today.

should I call again? 

Message 20 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.