Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Reward Dollars

tag
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Amex BCE Reward Dollars

I spent the $1,000 in 3 months and noticed AMEX gave me the $100.00 rewards dollars they promised me at sign up when I logged on my AMEX account....Can I use this to pay some of my balance?

Basically, what are the different options I  can use the "$100.00 dollar reward money?"

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
rdubzzz

Re: Amex BCE Reward Dollars

You can apply that towards your balance as in "Redeem for statement credit" or you can also get giftcards or other items. I think the best way is to get the statement credit because even though giftcards are nice, there are no bonuses that ive seen such as $50 for 45 reward dollars. You can also redeem for items, but ive found that they are a little overpriced.

Also make sure that you get your amazon prime if you havent already, I got my statement credit 3 days after i purchased prime.

In order of Approval
||Quicksilver 1900|| Discover 750|| Amex BCE 2000 || Amex PRG NPSL || Sallie May 1500|| DoubleCash 1500|| Freedom 1500|| Citi TYP 2000||
Message 2 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Vegas247 wrote:

I spent the $1,000 in 3 months and noticed AMEX gave me the $100.00 rewards dollars they promised me at sign up when I logged on my AMEX account....Can I use this to pay some of my balance?

Basically, what are the different options I  can use the "$100.00 dollar reward money?"

You can use the $100 as a statement credit

Message 3 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

Just be aware that these payments DON'T count towards minimum payment, so if your minimum was $50 and you redeemed $100, you would still need to pay $50 to keep your account in good status.

Message 4 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

Just be aware that these payments DON'T count towards minimum payment, so if your minimum was $50 and you redeemed $100, you would still need to pay $50 to keep your account in good status.

100% correct. 

Message 5 of 16
fot1
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

That is very good to know..

Too many to list..
Message 6 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Separate question: (It's been a while since I've redeemed from Amex.) Are the increments only in 25 or can you say redeem 27.50 or whatever the balance is? Just wondering... Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@KennyRS wrote:
Separate question: (It's been a while since I've redeemed from Amex.) Are the increments only in 25 or can you say redeem 27.50 or whatever the balance is? Just wondering... Smiley Happy

$25

Message 8 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

$25

You're super quick! Thanks! I figured that was the case since I had a weird amount before last statement and now it's at a level I can redeem come next statement. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

Can you please elaborate? I have $100 rewards dollars on my BCE account unused. Amex has Lowes gift cards, but doesnt have Home depot, which is 5 minutes from my home. Can I spend $100 at home depot using BCE and apply the $100 rewards dollars as statement credit? What If I apply before the statement closes?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.