Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BK

I'm trying to help my mom find a new card. She has a BK from 7 years ago that does not include Amex (she's never had one). Does anyone know if they approve with a 7yr BK showing?

She has 3 preapprovals on their site and just opened a new auto loan. She has only applied for one new card in last 5 years. Trying to get her out of these crap cards.

She has

Merrick 4K (6.5 yrs)
Credit One 3.7k (6yrs)
First Premier 2.1k (6yrs)
Nebraska Furniture 8k (1.5yrs)

Toyota Motor Paid loan
Just got a new 50k loan on an Acura through her credit union 3.1%

Her EX 08 Fico is 703
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BK

Forgot to add she also is 13 yrs in on a 15 yr mortgage never late
Message 2 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes, AMEX will approve at 5 yrs post discharge, if not included in the BK.

Id say her chances are very good....they will pull EX Good luck and report back! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm trying to help my mom find a new card. She has a BK from 7 years ago that does not include Amex (she's never had one). Does anyone know if they approve with a 7yr BK showing?

She has 3 preapprovals on their site and just opened a new auto loan. She has only applied for one new card in last 5 years. Trying to get her out of these crap cards.

She has

Merrick 4K (6.5 yrs)
Credit One 3.7k (6yrs)
First Premier 2.1k (6yrs)
Nebraska Furniture 8k (1.5yrs)

Toyota Motor Paid loan
Just got a new 50k loan on an Acura through her credit union 3.1%

Her EX 08 Fico is 703

I just got 2 Amex cards. One with a great CL the other not so much. As seen in my siggy, I am fresh out of a 5 year discharged BK and was approved. And I did include them in my BK. Take it for what it's worth.

Message 4 of 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Awashi17 wrote :

"I just got 2 Amex cards. One with a great CL the other not so much. As seen in my siggy, I am fresh out of a 5 year discharged BK and was approved. And I did include them in my BK. Take it for what it's worth."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That's unheard of! I know you said, "Take it for what it's worth" but I've must've read a ton about ppl not being able to get back in with Amex after they burn them at least not after 10-15 yrs! The Great Amex Blacklist as they call it!
But good for you Awashi and congrats for getting back in with Amex! 'Mind letting me know what you did? Recon? Data points? I've been trying and I'm on their blacklist. I'm 6+ yrs post bk d/c.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
Awashi17 wrote :

"I just got 2 Amex cards. One with a great CL the other not so much. As seen in my siggy, I am fresh out of a 5 year discharged BK and was approved. And I did include them in my BK. Take it for what it's worth."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That's unheard of! I know you said, "Take it for what it's worth" but I've must've read a ton about ppl not being able to get back in with Amex after they burn them at least not after 10-15 yrs! The Great Amex Blacklist as they call it!
But good for you Awashi and congrats for getting back in with Amex! 'Mind letting me know what you did? Recon? Data points? I've been trying and I'm on their blacklist. I'm 6+ yrs post bk d/c.

I thought the general experience was if you pay them off in full, they will let you back in eventually.   If you don't, much less likely.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.