cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

@heyarrnold wrote:

Also, don't forget that it is not hard to modify html of websites Smiley Tongue Screenshots are useless. Clearly I have you all beaten, even Amex's founder, in terms of backdating Smiley Wink

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 4.29.21 PM.png

No offense,HeyArnold, but I got you beat by I few months Smiley Happy !  As someone so RUDELY pointed out to me earlier...... I'm OLD !!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 71 of 87
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Also, don't forget that it is not hard to modify html of websites Smiley Tongue Screenshots are useless. Clearly I have you all beaten, even Amex's founder, in terms of backdating Smiley Wink

No offense,HeyArnold, but I got you beat by I few months Smiley Happy !  As someone so RUDELY pointed out to me earlier...... I'm OLD !!!!!!! Smiley Happy

I am afraid not, my backdate was Before Christ himself Smiley Tongue

Message 72 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

I hadn't noticed the BC  Smiley Happy !!  Now THAT'S OLD !! Smiley Happy

Message 73 of 87
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

I hadn't noticed the BC  Smiley Happy !!  Now THAT'S OLD !! Smiley Happy

haha Smiley Tongue You have my actual backdate beat for sure. I just posted that to prove a point that screenshots should not be seen as a means to prove a point. 

Message 74 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Haha! I've got you beat by a month! Smiley LOL

Message 75 of 87
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for my second ever Amex card a little while ago, and although I'd read the "Amex not backdating anymore" thread, I decided to just ask since there was really nothing to lose (I originally called to ask for an increased CL/SL on the new card, but was told I couldn't do it because I'd gotten one on my old card within the past 6 months). Anyway, the CSR wasn't sure what that meant, but agreed to take a request to forward to the appropriate department. My first statement cut last week, and I just noticed the new card is reporting with an older date on the credit report! I'm thrilled! This is going to boost my scores quite a bit! Smiley Happy

Curious:  what is the date on your statement and what was the exact date you applied for your 2nd Amex?

Message 76 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no answer from Amex CB Reporting unit, they said to call again Monday.... I'll keep you posted...

Message 77 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF the Amex back dating is in effect again or if it gets reinstated, would it be advantageous to ask to be backdated if your previous account had less than a stellar history?

Mine was from 2000 and I had a credit meltdown in 2008 and it was a CO.  I did work out a restitution with Amex on it,  but not at full amount.  I do believe they will allow me to get a card again, but dont understand if backdating with a 'stained history' would be good. 

I understand the AAoA principle and how that would help me, but would I be linking a bad history to a new card?

Thanks.

Message 78 of 87
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

when are you guys going to realize this isn't real? Smiley Surprised

Message 79 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

when are you guys going to realize this isn't real? Smiley Surprised

When Amex CSR tells me the result... in the meantime the CSRs don't seem to know exactly - and claim it is the cutoff date, regardless of the answer, even if it is NO - I'd rather get it from AMEX directly.

Message 80 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.