Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Credit limit question

tag
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Amex Credit limit question

So my wife was approved today for Amex Gold PRG & Delta Skymiles. We had an email t get 35k instead of 30k so she went for both. It didnt say her credit limit on the Delta. Is there anyway to find out without calling? Also she went for the Gold PRG first then the Delta. The Gold took about 60 seconds but the Delta was less than 10 seconds. So im wondering, since she had just apped, they already had her credit info thats why it went so fast for Delta? Also could it of maybe been 1 pull for both cards? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Credit limit question

Yes it will be one pull for both cards, with apping for a charge card and then a revolver.

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can call the app status line and should give you the credit line in the automated system.

Message 3 of 7
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

you can call the app status line and should give you the credit line in the automated system.

+1

I just did this on my SPG last week.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 4 of 7
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats to your DW!  And as stated, 1 pull for both cards.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 7
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys, She just had the online chat add her two new cards with her AU card login. They gave her a $4,500 CL with the delta. Kinda funny b/c I only got 2k. Whats crazy is she put our joint income same as I did & my EX score is a 712 & her is a 675! I have no baddies & she has one 120 late from 09 on her student(was suppse to have been defered,long story) loan & a $300 paid collection from ATT last year. That was also not her fault, as we had ATT & Dish on same bill & we broke the bill up and paid them seperate. ATT sent to collections saying we didnt pay dish, but we were paying seperate. So other than that both our reports are clean, with no other lates etc. can anyone explain why she got a higher credit limit? Im jealous! Smiley Happy Only other thing is my utilization is about 20% and hers is around 10%.

Message 6 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Juss11 wrote:

Thanks guys, She just had the online chat add her two new cards with her AU card login. They gave her a $4,500 CL with the delta. Kinda funny b/c I only got 2k. Whats crazy is she put our joint income same as I did & my EX score is a 712 & her is a 675! I have no baddies & she has one 120 late from 09 on her student(was suppse to have been defered,long story) loan & a $300 paid collection from ATT last year. That was also not her fault, as we had ATT & Dish on same bill & we broke the bill up and paid them seperate. ATT sent to collections saying we didnt pay dish, but we were paying seperate. So other than that both our reports are clean, with no other lates etc. can anyone explain why she got a higher credit limit? Im jealous! Smiley Happy Only other thing is my utilization is about 20% and hers is around 10%.

From what I can gather, UTIL plays a big role in AMEX's internal scoring.  AMEX instantly approved me, but I had to recon Cap One and Macy's!   My UTIL was ~7% when I applied.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.