Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Question

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Question

Sorry,  the "ACM"?   I started pushing that a while ago being I hated writing it out for "Additional Card Member"

So might be partly my fault.   But yeah   ACM = Additional Card Member.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@p- wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

webhopper wrote:...$25 AF + $15AF for ACM)...

what fee is this for 

I think it's Amex Credit Monitoring.

The $15 fee is for addition of an Authorized user.   I think I paid a $15 fee to add DH to the card.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@phillyguy12 wrote:

i too have not gotten any offical notice that the pts will stop and i have the NPSL version. i plan on keeping mine till they either stop the pts or hike the fee up. i only got it to get in with amx, once i get one of their revolvers i will likely drop it.  its seeing less use these days now the packs are no more, im hoping that doesn't hurt my profile w/ them. i plan on apping for BCE or BCP eventually,i think fall or early next yr.

In my recent experience... being a Zync holder does not hurt your chances for other revolvers.  I was approved for the Lowes Business Amex with a 22k initial limit while holding Zync.  Next day I was approved for PRG

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 14
Cageym
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@phillyguy12 wrote:

i too have not gotten any offical notice that the pts will stop and i have the NPSL version. i plan on keeping mine till they either stop the pts or hike the fee up. i only got it to get in with amx, once i get one of their revolvers i will likely drop it.  its seeing less use these days now the packs are no more, im hoping that doesn't hurt my profile w/ them. i plan on apping for BCE or BCP eventually,i think fall or early next yr.

In my recent experience... being a Zync holder does not hurt your chances for other revolvers.  I was approved for the Lowes Business Amex with a 22k initial limit while holding Zync.  Next day I was approved for PRG

The problem in the past was for people that had the Zync with the $500 limit. They couldn't get approved for a revolver unless they closed their Zync. I never had that problem because my Zync is NPSL. And I really can't see getting rid of it. I don't use it often, I mostly keep it if I have to make a large purchase on short notice that would go over the limit on my other cards. Which really isn't an issue anymore but I'll hold on to it anyway.

I really don't have a use for any of the other charge cards they offer, not enough to justify the higher AF anyway. And it is now a unique card, now that it isn't on their website there are people that have never heard of it before, so over time it will get more mysterious. And more fun to pull out once in awhile and have a little fun with the cashier.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.