cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AMEX product change success story.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another AMEX product change success story.

A while back I apped for both a Delta Skymiles and an AMEX Green Charge.  I have received the charge card, but not the Delta.  I signed up for online for my Green and looked at the banner above advertising the AMEX Blue Cash's features. 

I called their customer service.  Initially, and immediately, he said "we're sorry, we cannot process the change at this time."  I persisted, he put me on hold, and they will process the card change on 1/9/08. 

Exciting stuff, it really does work.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another AMEX product change success story.

That is exactly what happened to me when I tried the product change.  Funny, I wonder if they are trying to not do as many changes?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds right...  When he told me he couldn't do it, I didn't believe him.  It was so immediate, and he didn't seem to check anything.  I told him a friend of mine recently did the same thing, and he put me on hold and got it done.  He said "the system allowed me to process it."
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.  Dead on, they put me on hold and everthing.  Very strange.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't want to say "well I read on a forum that you could do it and about 20 people have done it before".  Not sure, but I don't think they would have liked that.Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd say that we've worn them out. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

copy that, there was a little confusion when I did it.  I thought it was a new csr, she wasn't too sure.  She check with a manager and everything worked out.  I got the same cards the delta, and the green charge.  I switched to Blue though not the Blue cash.  I use the green card a lot more than I thought I would, I love it.  I wish the rewards weren't a month behind.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to start spending on my cards....  I opted with the Blue Cash simply because it was on my account screen and had that 0% intro APR.  I cited that as my reason for change, so I believe I will get the 0% intro.  If not, back on the phone with AMEX.

Message Edited by esfour on 12-11-2007 11:44 AM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.