cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had success upgrading their Walmart to discover at the store?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone had success upgrading their Walmart to discover at the store?

My fico was like 670'ish and at the 26 month mark.
Tbh, it was maxxed out most of that time, BUT the 3 mos before the upgrade, it had a zero. I NEVER missed a payment. I used it to buy a tv and laptop with the 0%.
I tried just about every month through regualr CSRs to upgrade it. No go. You HAVE to wait!!!! :-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 23
colindidit
Established Contributor

Haha I'm at the 26 month mark as well young. Zero balance. PIF 900 dollars in January. 4000 cl.
And enharu I have one Smiley Happy only 500 thouggh :/
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 12 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh... You should be getting it then soon... !!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 23
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Oh... You should be getting it then soon... !!

Young I asked you this on another thread, but incase you havent seen it, when do you plan to ask CLI on walmart discover again? and how much are you going to ask? Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha I just responded to it. Go check :-P. my last cli was in like December I think. He basically denied me and told me to wait a few more months to get to $20k. I've been using it more lately, charging a couple hundred and pif before the statement cuts. So hopefully $20k is around the corner!!!:-)
Message 15 of 23
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Walmart automatically upgraded me after a couple of years...Havent used it sense I'm trying to wean my self away from GEMB's HIGH interest cards!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 16 of 23
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Haha I just responded to it. Go check :-P. my last cli was in like December I think. He basically denied me and told me to wait a few more months to get to $20k. I've been using it more lately, charging a couple hundred and pif before the statement cuts. So hopefully $20k is around the corner!!!:-)

yeah, 20K would be great!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Message 17 of 23
colindidit
Established Contributor

20k? Dang. I feel like my 4k is a lot lol. Ill be asking for 8000 next time I call (around Christmas) haha. I plan on getting everyone's presents from there this year.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 18 of 23
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If you not approved for it at app time you have to wait until they decide to upgrade you.  You can try again but you run the risk of having to plain walmart cards. 

Message 19 of 23
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I asked about upgrading when I had about 1 year in with my store card, they said they only upgrade them automatically when the "system" say to.  At the 2 year mark and 0 balance, I got the offer to upgrade, I took a month to decide on taking it because I was worried how it might effect my AAoA.  It ended up making a 2 month difference is all.

Being you're at the 2 year mark, you're probably due for the upgrade and it will most likely happen before August.  If you keep it at a 0 balance at least.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.