cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for 2 cards from same bank/creditor....

tag
welshdave86
Valued Member

Applying for 2 cards from same bank/creditor....

Let's say I want to apply for 2 Chase Credit cards....  Will that mean 2 HPs or 1?

I want the Chase Freedom or Slate, but the Airline cards look good too....

Thanks for your help!

EQ - 735
EX - 717
TU - 707

Chase Freedom $7000 | Disover IT $5500 Capital One Quicksilver $1200 | Amazon Store Card $650 2% UTL | Ford Credit Auto Loan - 2 years old | AAoA - 18 months
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Applying for 2 cards from same bank/creditor....

@welshdave86 wrote:

Let's say I want to apply for 2 Chase Credit cards....  Will that mean 2 HPs or 1?

Thanks for your help!

some have reported it being 1 pull when they did it same day... plan for 2... but with chase many seem to have luck with 2 apps back to back so i like that idea.

Message 2 of 5
welshdave86
Valued Member

Thanks!

I'm waiting for Monday/Tuesday for my CapOne 0% UTL to post to the bureaus before I apply....  Been at 0% for a little while but CapOne are really slacking.

EQ - 735
EX - 717
TU - 707

Chase Freedom $7000 | Disover IT $5500 Capital One Quicksilver $1200 | Amazon Store Card $650 2% UTL | Ford Credit Auto Loan - 2 years old | AAoA - 18 months
Message 3 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@welshdave86 wrote:

Thanks for your help!

some have reported it being 1 pull when they did it same day... plan for 2... but with chase many seem to have luck with 2 apps back to back so i like that idea.

+1.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I may be totally misremembering, but I think, at least at some point, it depended on the exact cards.  So Card A might be processed by one group within the issuer, and a cobranded card goes to a different one, and the inquiries originate with different initiator names, and so don't get combined.

But unless someone concurs, don't trust that!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.